Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

would a zr2 lift fit a 4x4 s10???

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  beedle4 
#1 ·
i have a 2000 chevy s10 4x4 and i want to do a zr2 lift on my truck i wanted to know if it will fit and what a z2r lift consistis of i know bigger leaf spring but whats in the front just torsion keys or drop down brackets!! Let me know if any one know what i should do!! thanks Ryan

PM if you want to tell me something!!

#2 · (Edited)
It depends on how big of a lift...

Are you talking about making a non-ZR2 sit like a ZR2? I don't think ZR2 leaf springs are actually any bigger than a regular S10 leaf, I'm pretty sure it just has to do with where the mounts are located. I'm pretty sure that is the main difference in general, the location that suspension stuff mounts to the frame. The A arms might be longer in the front too, I really don't know for sure though.

Here is a good page to look at if you don't know what kind of lift to get.
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f222/4x4-s10-lift-kits-272896/

Hope I helped

(This should probably also be in Chevy Tech)

#6 ·
A 5" or 6" suspension lift runs around $2,000 new. Depending on what you have to spendyou can start with a 2" body lift for around 200 or a 3" for a 94 s-10 will fit also except for the rear bumper brackets but you could fab those up eazy and it runs around 160. Or if ya got lots of cash go for a solid axle HP dana 44!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.