Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

86' CJ7 -Tub, Frame, WT Axles, Tires, Wheels, Fuel Cell, Cage, Corbeau, Autometer etc

12K views 72 replies 24 participants last post by  Irishjeeper 
#1 · (Edited)
** If you add up everything that's listed it's close to $5,000.00

It would be MUCH easier for me to just get rid of everything together. I am hardly home and just don't have the time right now to part it out and meet with people to get rid of stuff. $3,500 OR BEST OFFER for everything that's still listed if you show up and take it all.

I've decided to part ways with my Jeep. There are other hobbies out there I have more interest in, and I want the space back in my garage, crawl space, and basement. If this belongs in part outs, please move it.

Located in Kalamazoo, MI. At this point I'd like cash only, no trades. I do accept paypal. I will ship smaller/easier items on your dime. If you think something is priced too high, feel free to PM me and we can discuss it.

I work 9-5 and browse GL4x4 throughout the day. Best way to get a hold of me is through PM. I can meet right off the West Main exit off 131 after 5:00pm on weekdays. Weekends you should probably give me to at least noon to meet.:beer: If you want something like the frame, it may have to wait a bit as everything is still attached to it.

1986 Jeep CJ7
258 I6. No idea on miles. Odometer quit at 80 some thousand miles
T4 Transmission.
Dana 300 transfer case.
Dana 44 rear, Dana 30 front axle

Dana 300 transfer case. Will have to get a picture later. $200

Transmission. Has a brand new clutch with probably less than 100 miles on it. $100

The tub is in pretty good shape. It's been repaired in a few spots. Worst spot is behind the drivers door. Sheet metal was welded in, but the bondo is cracking. The previous owner decided to fix the floorboards with diamond plate. It's heavy duty as shit, and will be a LONG time before it needs to be fixed. $500

Fender flares. $25

Frame is.... okay. The rear was patched up by the previous owner. I would definitely sand/paint it though. $150

Passenger side fender has a nice dent in the top of it. Driver side has a hole cutout for a snorkle. If you buy the fenders and want the snorkle, I'll throw it in for free. $75 Buy the hood, fenders, and grill together for $200. Perfect for YJ to CJ conversion

Hood is in good shape. No major dents or rust. $100

Motor has unknown mileage. When it was running, it was running strong. The PO and I used to take this Jeep to Detroit, Lansing, Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids and Traverse City all the time. I put new starter, water pump, ps pump, computer, plugs, wires, cap, rotors, and battery on it and drove it for a while when I bought. I ripped out the fuel tank to put in a fuel cell and haven't started it since. Less than a year ago. *BEWARE* The oil filler tube broke off. I just have a bolt plugging it right now. $250

If there is no interest in the engine as a whole, I will eventually part it out.

Motorcraft 2100 Carb. I have two of these. $50/ea.

Offroad Bumper. $200 *SOLD*

Mile Marker 12,000# Electric Winch. Works great. $400 *SOLD*

Rear tail gate. Great condition. This picture was taken after it was painted. It probably doesn't look this shiny anymore. $100

Auto Meter Phantom Gauges. Speedo, fuel, oil, water and volts. $300

Oil - 5727
Volts - 5791
Water - 5737
Speedo - ???
Fuel - ???

Mr Gasket fuel pump. 4-7 psi I believe. Never been used. $25 Now $20

Dana 44 rear and Dana 30 front axle. 2.72. Front has manual locking hubs. I'd like to sell these as complete as possible. Meaning I would cut the brake lines, unbolt steering parts, saw off the ubolts and send you on your way with them. I have new hardware and wheel cylinders for the rear that will go with it. Based on a quick google search and a search on here.... $600. Now $550

33 x 12.5 x 15 Toyo Open Country tires. Unsure of mileage, but it's not much. Still have tits on them. The 5x5.5 steel wheels on them are included in this price. Please do not ask to seperate as I am not interested. $500 *SOLD*

The PO said the suspension is a 4" lift. I don't believe him and I never bothered to find out the truth. With the current shocks, springs and 1" body lift, it sits nicely on 33's. The bushing in the springs are pretty new. $100 for shocks and springs.

Hard top is in decent shape. It does not have a latch for the rear tailgate. There is a sunroof that is aftermarket I would assume. It was leaking so I filled it with RTV. $75 Now $50

Doors are in good shape. You can see a little bit of rot that was painted over in this picture on the left above the handle. $200 Now $175

The front driveshaft was recently rebuilt... or maybe it was purchased new? I can't remember. My girlfriend at the time bought it for me. I'll try to get better pictures of them later. $200 for both. Now $175 for both

Bars for roof rack or kayak or whatever shit you want to throw on top of your Jeep. There are little "pads" that go between the rack mount and the body. I can only find one. You'd have to find or make a replacement for the other side. $50

Fuel Tank. Not sure on capacity. It's since been powerwashed and looks clean. $50 Now $20

Diamond plate dash. $20

Stuff that has been sold

RCI Fuel Cell. $150 SOLD
Roll Cage. $250 SOLD!
Best Top Seats $200 SOLD!
Corbeau Seats $400 SOLD!
Soft Top Stuff $100 SOLD!
Black Steel Wheels $100 SOLD!
Gearbox $100 SOLD!
Grill $50 SOLD!
Wheels and tires $400 *SOLD*
Winch and front bumper $600 *SOLD*

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Stuff for a snorkle. $20

Dash pad. Does not have Jeep stamped on it. $20

CB Antenna and cable. $20

Grant steering wheel. I can't remember the model. Will come with a "JEEP" horn button that needs to be glued in because it pops out and whatever adapter I used. I'll get better pictures later. $75

OEM Gauges. I have pictures of the speedo and tach. Also have volt and oil gauge. $40

Steering column. Non tilt. With key. $100[/B]

Now I'm just going to list stuff off as I think of it....

Black Diamond plate body panels... $25
Tail light guards .... $20
Spare tire rack .... $25
Flowmaster 40? Good shape. $20

#3 ·
Want to check what gears are in them? On the rear,right side of the pumpkin on the tube numbers are stamped. I had to use a wire wheel on a cordless drill to clean the crap off the ones I've look at.
Anyway
605289-3 is 3.31
605289-10 is 4.55
605289-5 is 3.54
Let me know what you find.
605289-7 is 4.09

#4 ·
Let me finish this beer and I'll go check. Thanks :thumb:

#5 ·
11--- 5--- 30

Then about 6" further to the right... 60528---1

I can not make out a 9 on the second part. Also, I can just see 1. Its definitely a 1, not a 7. I do not see a 0 indicating "10" either.

#7 ·
I'll pull the diff cover later this week and check the gears. I wouldn't be surprised if the PO put in something different.

Transmission is also a 4 spd.

#8 ·
Afternoon bump.

I'd like to start tearing it apart this weekend. Hopefully I'll have the cage, tub, and engine seperated.

#10 ·
#12 ·
Brad, I have someone coming to pick the cage up this weekend. If that falls through, I'll put you next in line. Thanks.

#21 ·
Nothing has been sold yet. What parts are you interested in? I would sell everything together, but it would have to be a pretty good offer.

#19 ·
Yes, the cage will fit a YJ.

#20 ·
I sure do. I'll get more detailed pictures of the rear section when I get home tonight.

#22 ·
Bump. Took the rear diff. cover off.

49:18

I started getting all sentimental when I was tearing everything out. Buy this stuff before I change my mind and keep it.

#24 ·
Cage is not sold. A member is supposed to pick it up tomorrow. I'm not sure if the brackets will fit. I just bolted the Best Top seats right too it. I imagine the brackets wont work because the cross bars you'd bolt them to would raise you up about 4-6".

#27 ·
Cage is sold.

Wheels and Bestop seats pending. Fuel cell pending I think.

#29 ·
Fuel cell has been sold. Thanks Tom :thumb:

#30 ·
rcfd607, I'll get more detailed pics of the tub tonight and send them to you tomorrow.

#32 ·
Bestop seats and wheels are sold. Thanks RJ :thumb:

#33 ·
Memorial day bump. :usa:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.