Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

TIG welder

4K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  ROXROES 
#1 ·
Anybody have a TIG for sale before I buy the new lincoln sqaure wave or eastwood 200?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Look into the Everlast PowerTig 200DX. I've had mine for 5 years with no problems. Upgrade the torch to a CK Worldwide and it's awesome. I've used Miller syncrowaves and Lincoln square waves also. The Millers are awesome, but expensive. I wasn't a fan of the Lincolns. I'll take my Everlast over a Lincoln.

#3 ·
All the guys I work with say they prefer miller for MIG and lincoln for TIG.

Ill definitely take a look at the everlast, I really havent heard anything bad about the eastwood yet, and if something was wrong with it customer service is top notch. Are you able to do 1/4" steel with yours? Aluminum I dont think Ill really do anything over 1/8"

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

#16 ·
Sorry for the late reply but this machine has done everything I've thrown at it. I've welded steel, aluminum, cast aluminum and most recently welded Jantz load bolts into my nodular iron 9" thirds with it.

Sure the torch will get hot as any other air cooled setup, but you can upgrade it to water cooled pretty easy.

For aluminum keep the AC balance around 30-40 for aluminum, AC freq under 100. For aluminum use orange or blue tungsten, green will NOT work for inverter machines. I always use red for steel, that purple do all junk has not really proven itself to me.

Attachments

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.