Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Removable top on a s-10 blazer

13K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Shotgun 
#1 ·
I am thinking I may make a fully removable top for my blazer kinda like the full size. do you think its feesable with minimal effort, I have a complete doner top I can use on this one for the removable one.

#3 ·
as long as it looks decent, I was thinking about removing it right behind the front seats a few inches infront of the side windows, Its a 2 door. Otherwise I might just take the middle section of the roof out and make a cali style top.

#5 ·
to put it back togther I was thinking use the closers from popups, the ones that hook on a lip and pull togther from the inside.

#7 ·
I thought hard about doing this myself with my old two door. A couple of things to keep in mind:

The roof is structural in those trucks. I had a parts truck with the roof cut off, and the doors wouldn't open and close because the body was so flexy, and it was rust free. You'd definately have to build a cage in it.

The roof is only very thin tin. A few times on and off, and it will probably warp beyond putting back on.

I don't know if they are still in business, but there was a company in the past that had a cali-style kit to remove the center section of an S-truck (think t-tops without the center bar) I thought about using one of those kits, then whacking the rear of the roof off, and having a canvas top built at a boat place for the rear. When all the top material is off, it would only have a targa bar like a samurai. I think that would look pretty cool.

#10 ·
there is a guy around here that has done this and it looks real well done if i caan get a chamnce to snap a couple pics i will do so and post them....but bassiclly he has done this to look like a full size broncl sorta with a slant at the b piller and if i am correct he did so for strength and looks

#11 ·
seen it done befor Looks cool as hell on them

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.