Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

177K views 1K replies 146 participants last post by  Gunsworth 
#1 · (Edited)

#1,034 ·
Why did you move the air filter to the firewall? That is the hottest area to suck fresh air from, which is opposite of what you want.

It's up at the cowl not aimed down at exhaust, cowl on mine is wide friggin open so it SHOULD breathe ok. Gonna see how it does this weekend, other option is thru the firewall into the cab.(which will happen if i don't like how she acts) Had to move it from where it was, the brace from the grill back was chopping it off and making a gap allowing dirt to get into it. (My issue at Moundsgiving and put it in limp mode) It wasn't really moved because it was getting too hot, altho a little faster cool down after being romped on wouldn't hurt my feelings any.

I'm listening Jim, trial and error, we will see.:thumb:

#1,035 ·
With your cowl being wide open, it would work good if you could build a shroud. That way, it would pull air from there instead of the heat from the header/manifold below it.

My filter is in close to the same spot as yours currently. I was pulling 170 degree intake temps on a ~70 degree day. That makes the engine pull allot of timing which is a huge power loose. I hope to build a shroud and pull it from the hood.

#1,046 ·
Front coilovers are in, picking up a back half kit and then the rears will go in. Bit the bullet and ordered some air bumps from profender as well. This thing should ride nice this year.

May end up having to put the antirock on it......not sure yet. I mean really, how often is it gonna not be in 4x4? :teehee:

Still having issues with the MAS plugged in, borrowing Bennys Thursday to be sure that's the issue before ordering a new one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.