Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

177K views 1K replies 146 participants last post by  Gunsworth 
#1 · (Edited)

#570 ·
Getting a complete drop out, and making sure its all matching is a good start. This stuff nickels and dimes you. Mine was supposed to be a complete drop out but lots of things they pulled from other motors.

Besides the motor, you pay for: mounts, headers, exhaust, wiring, reprogramming, radiator, fuel lines & pump, transmission bits, lots of times driveshafts, other bits.

#571 ·
Getting a complete drop out, and making sure its all matching is a good start. This stuff nickels and dimes you. Mine was supposed to be a complete drop out but lots of things they pulled from other motors.

Besides the motor, you pay for: mounts, headers, exhaust, wiring, reprogramming, radiator, fuel lines & pump, transmission bits, lots of times driveshafts, other bits.

Sye...sensors...labor

but when i sat in it and pulled it on the trailer tonite i was all grins!:woot:

#574 ·
Bad computer flash :( Drove it on the trailer and took off without any time to do a test run to check everything out. Got to the Badlands, pulled it off the trailer and she was ok at best when cold, as soon as she got warmed up the idle was all over the place. Took a short run around campground and was missing like crazy and backfiring. Every once in awhile she would catch and I got a slight taste of the power that will be there. Guy at the campground had a scanner, ran a couple codes. po171 and po103. One is a lean code the other MAF. After swapping out the sensor with another like built rig that was eliminated, no vacuum leaks either. Called Jimsperformance, he walked us thru a couple tests with other sensors, all comes back to a bad flash. Jim was as much help as he could be without us having a laptop to communicate with him. We believe it wasnt flashed for drive by cable (motor was originally drive by wire). Not real happy about that because description was all written and sent along. So tomorrow the computer goes back.

We hopped in other rigs and salvaged the weekend, still had a great time despite that and the shitty weather. My kid did her first rock climb in Kevins buggy up about a 7' ledge......made it all worth it. :thumb:

#577 ·
Glad you got hold of Jim. He's a stand up guy. Actually, although not what you wanted, if everything else seemed right, that's a good sign for the future.

Yea, i left a message on his machine and he rang me back within 10 minutes. Hell of a nice guy, not knocking him, mistakes happen. Just really sucks. Thanks for gettin back with me so quick with his number :thumb:

All else did seem good. I plan on having it put on a laptop and setup perfect. Make sure everything is reading as it should.

#579 ·
Me too Sean! It will be fine, just yet another setback.:whiz:

What ya gonna do?

By the way, I have to say, the people on this site rock. I had so many pm's texts and calls about those damn sensors. Also called and picked brains of many from Badlands.....Dale, Jim, Bryce....not to mention all the guys that were at the park racking their brains. Awesome group you are! :thumb:

#585 ·
This may be part of the issue as well, when he flashed the computer he didnt ask which 02 sensors, obviously, because the ones on the motor were square and the harness came back with the triangular connectors. Bought sensors to match harness.

#583 ·
becky strage thing happened to me, SAME THING!!! execpt mine ran fine just was really rich... i bought another MAF and checked all my vaccum lines. nothing.. luckily i was home when this was discovered and some buddies of mine that have the right program on their laptop fixed it for me. let me know how it runs when you get all the bugs worked out of it!!!!

#587 ·
i will say she was in a way better mood then i thought she would be.

#588 ·
Ok, here's the problem.......the computer I have does not even have the IAC driver. Talked to Jim this morning, popped the cover off the computer, where there's supposed to be prongs for this, there aren't. Apparently this is a first for him and this computer # will now be put to the list to be checked before flashing. Unfortunatly it happened at my expence. Regardless the computer I sent would not have worked, wish he would have opened the cover tho. :(

#590 ·
sounds like the responsibly should be split between both of you, he should be able to do something to help you in this situation.

$.02

I agree, i never got to test drive it. My bad to load up and go like that.

On another note tho, he gave me the number of a guy in Ohio who does nothing but computers, toild me to get one from him and shipped over, the first 2605 he pulled the cover off of also didn't have the IAC driver....hmmmmm.....sounds like it's not that uncommon after all.

I realize the computer i sent would not have worked regardless, however if he would have taken 2 seconds to open the cover and look, i would have sent a diff one and this weekend wouldnt have been an issue. He's a nice guy, great turn around time and return calls........but this little skipped step cost me a lot. Not real happy .......

#595 ·
Wow, I never want to deal with you............. you drive too hard of a bargain.:sonicjay:

Glad it's getting resolved.

Eh, he should have checked, I should have test drove before heading to Badlands......i'll take half the blame :teehee:

If it's an issue when I get the next computer back you may hear a different story. :sonicjay:

#602 ·
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........
First gir's rig build on the forum.
First mistake by Jim I have ever heard of.

Coincidence?:confused:

Sorry Becky....... I had to.:sonicjay::sonicjay::sonicjay::sonicjay:

Yea....I was waiting for that! :sonicjay:

Who did you get to remove the four bolts for you....

I did that all by myself! :finger:
(however i'm having a hell of a time trying to get the harness to disconnect :teehee:)

#613 ·
Got an email from Jim.....he has purchased a 6106 that from what he says is DBC and interchangable with the 2605. He will flash that as soon as he gets it and send it over. I sent the old one back so he gets a core out of the deal. Let's hope this is the end of this unfortunate lesson and we can move on to seeing how well I can adapt to the new found hp. :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.