Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1% prez........"the jiggler"

229K views 2K replies 163 participants last post by  Mr.Green 
#1 · (Edited)
just finishing up my tj and my buddys tj(wheelsofsteele). he did a 60 front w 60 rear out of a 79 ford. had a rubicon long arm so we changed the upper links in rear, tossed the rear trackbar and built a 3 link for the front. i did a 60 front 14 bolt rear,3 link front, leaves in the rear. streched to 103. i built new arms for the front and 2.5 currie joints. will post up pictures and more detail when i figure out how to get these pictures in photobucket. we started mikes jeep july 29 sun night and finishing it up today. his tj is a 1997 mine is a 2003. there is some diffrent stuff between the years.i will give detail on what we ran into.

#950 ·
i might take you up on that wade if something dont start moving..

#956 ·
you ready for it yet? if this stuff does not come in i am just going to bring it down and have you do your magic.i have 8 led lights for you to hook up now also.:teehee:

#958 ·
you never gave me a price so tuck your vagina in and simmer down...:finger:

#960 ·
:sonicjay::sonicjay: i better order a p.a. system to wire in with all my stereo stuff then...

#964 ·
this is a eagle machine ram,all custom made.thats why it's 225.00. looks good but how good is it if i cant get one...:sonicjay:

Attachments

#972 ·
WOW that's cheap for a nicely built custom cylinder.

I just ordered a custom pnuematic cylinder from SMC that was $1879.00....and they shipped it 1 week late (5 week lead time) and they built it to the wrong stroke...they are expediting a new one to us...2 weeks this time.

Not sure if that makes you feel better or not....

#970 ·
:sonicjay: hey all you had to do was bolt some axles under your and your still not done? wtf plow boy.:sonicjay:

#974 ·
well i got my ram...on to the rest of it now.joe will be seeing it soon.

#979 ·
plan on going to harlen memorial weekend.that should be the first real run.been running into little snags,so the last couple weeks i have had to walk away from it a few times.hopefully i will have it running in a couple weeks.

#980 ·
well joe and i flipped the intake, all new gaskets for the motor.joe pulled about 100 wires out of my harness and simplified the whole thing.making a switch panel,have my fuel pump mounted,tank is all tapped ready for the lines,made a egr block off plate.did some other little tricks to make the motor look simple. some fuel lines and few more little things and it will be running. looks so much better with the intake flipped and the harness all layed out nice and all the bullshit wireing cut out. joe is the man when it comes to this stuff. 2 nights working on it until 4 am.. still a bunch to do but i think i can see the light at the end of the tunnel.it should be about ready for memorial weekend.
we will post a picture of all the wires joe took out of my harness, that i already had modified.:sonicjay: cant believe all the left over wires and dead ends these places leave.

#982 ·
thanks. the next 2 weeks will be interesting since joe dont get home until 7 and i will be later then that.
have to wait a couple more days for a few parts again.he talked me into the bling gas line and fittings and a better switch panel setup. figured i need my switches closer so if i am upside down with my harness on i can shut it off.:teehee: so we are kinda on hold again for a couple days.

#986 ·
thanks paul.the parts keep coming in every other day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.