Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

**Official** 2012 SnoFari Pic Thread

39K views 362 replies 67 participants last post by  GMKLR50 
#1 ·
Here's a couple from today, no major carnage so far. Plenty of snow in the woods at least 8-10 inches in most spots and LOTS of ice to slide around on!

Attachments

See less See more
#40 ·
I was impressed with that Willys! I did almost wipe you out a couple times during the challenge though. It was a little tight :teehee:

This is my sad attempt at some of the rocks. They were super slick. Very tough to hold a line.

#42 ·
I was impressed with that Willys! I did almost wipe you out a couple times during the challenge though. It was a little tight :teehee:
I could actually feel it 'dragging' the crawler behind me a few times :teehee:

If we had not got pinched off a couple times I think we would have done better :sonicjay:

#47 ·
Here's the video of the Competition between WhiteRhino/Tabs group and RenegadeII/Danimal's group. Those that were there will give a better description of how it went, but basically it crazy.

Yes it was crazy! Lots of stumps and logs to go around or over. Very rough. We were suposed to unhook the tow strap at the bottom of the hill and race up the hill. I forgot all about that. lol. It was a blast. Looks sweet in the video. By the way what did the winners recive?

#46 ·
:beerbang: Team Ford FTMFW!!!!

2 bent front shocks,smashed and bent stablizer and mystery clunk in rear axle now.....glad I didnt let my co-pilot talk me out of doing it!

The thing that sicks out best in my mind before it started was John telling me " I dont like to lose" :sonicjay:

And I though Jim said that was a 20min drive to the top?? lol

#69 ·
I only took this pic, it was the friday morning run (all day run with Mike and Dan actually), my passangers took a ton of pic and vid I know but they havent got then off there cameras yet. Starting out this day i didnt think it was going to be that hard to get around.

This was what I saw the most of the weekend, having to follow a jeep on 42's :thumb: the whole time never made me feel so small

Attachments

#75 ·
I don't know if the winners received their awards. I got sick during the banquet and headed to bed. We had planned to give them out after the banquet.

I was simply amazed at the comp. I figured they would pick their way across the field and take maybe 5 minutes. I had no idea that everyone would beat the shit out of their junk.:sonicjay: But, for those that did, it was fun to watch. And to those who wish they hadn't, I'm sorry. Next time we will take that more into consideration. To my knowledge, the carnage from that 90 seconds was,
1 radiator
2 brake lines
1 broken axle shaft
2 bent shocks
1 mystery clunk

I love our St Helen Scramble Area.:woot:

#83 ·
Jim, Mike and Danimal got with John and I after the banquet......Thank you very much! I actually felt stupid on saturday because it wasnt until then that I had figured out that the Jim we wheeled with Friday was Jim/whiterhino.

I was thinking that next year it would be cool if everybody had some kind of name tag with their screen name as well to help people figure out who everybody is. I for one had pictured whiterhino much older from all the ball busting he gets on here :poke:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.