Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Michigan Jeep Girl Build

80K views 357 replies 104 participants last post by  roger 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone I usually frequent on the jeep forum site and not this one. As I round the final corner of my build I thought id post it on here. I would love to
wheel with locals and see locals rigs. I bought my jeep stock almost two years ago now and I've built it up twice and changed tires 3 times. Heres my recent build:​

Recent Modifications:
Fithly Dirty Jeep Girl Decal
Posi in my rear dana 35 ( will be up for sale)
Led Purple Underglow
Rough Country 4" coil 1" Body lift
Smittybilt Fender Flares
Smittybilt Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier
35" Km2s
Blacked Out Soft Top Windows
Blacked Out Side/Passenger Windows
Rough Country 2.2 Performance shocks
Rough Country Control arms
Rough Country Transfer Case drop
Rough Country Adj Trackbar
Rough Country Steering Stabilizer
Rough Country Pitman Drop bracket
Durango Steering box
Carr Light Rack
Fog Lights
CB Radio/ FirStik Antenna
Teraflex Cb Antenna bracket
Customized Black Fenders
Customized Black hinges
Header
Mossy Oak Seat Covers

To Come:
Ford 8.8 axle
Halogens
Smitty Armor

See less See more
This post has been deleted
#208 ·
If you don't know how to install gears don't fuck with them.
I don't know how I'm going to take any axle stuff to a shop.
I'm not gonna to ruin my jeep doesn't mean I didn't build my jeep
I'm smart on picking what to learn and what to pay for.
This is a build thread not a bash everyone's life thread.
Back to topic and if you don't want to help me or share information then butt out.
I got a jeep because of how nice everyone is and how they will lend a hand
Not to be treated like shit .
And before we go 100 % on topic
Who the fuck is new dodge?

Now, :)

Back to topic. Thanks.

#209 ·
There are a few posts about newdodge... Go check them out. Although you won't like the comparison :(

I have to agree with you on the gears thing. There isn't much on a Jeep I don't mind messing with. But gears and transmissions are off limits for my hands. Leave that shit to the pros.

I think you will do fine here. You seem to have taken this little hazing quite well. Just remember like everything in life you will never know as much as you think you do and you an always learn something. :thumb:

#215 ·
Well as my smitty battle goes on:

The weirdest thing with them is that they don't " get" my emails and
Then email back like a all " caring" why I didn't answer. So i called Rob, and told him The design of this classic bumper is NOT made for bigger tires. I may not be the smartest person alive but when a tire is bigger then a carrier ... Also because they leave the ends open of the bumper crap is just going to get in there and rust it out anywho back to the voicemail for Rob who was on lunch.. I told him that I love him as a person but not smitty bumpers and I would like a refund.. I also stated in a email if they are a better model bumper that can carrier a 35 because that tire bent my carrier forward first day it was on with the drag and stress it would just fall off sooner or later. That false advertising is going to kill someone when these big tires fall off. Well he emailed me back. I'll post the photo. You think after all the stress and two broken bumpers he could comp me a upgrade? Nah, he would rather resend me bumper after bumper. I know they out source and all that stuff ( jeep forum lecture) but just to try and keep a good word of mouth they could do something... I guess morals and civil actions are no more. :usa:

Hopefully they refund me.

Ps My iPhone won't let me post the photo
He sent me the bumper comparison on price
At the top price for the xrc and how much I'd owe to get it 300 something

#219 ·
Yeah it looks like you have the outward lean also. Does yours rattle I think that lean causes stress and the rattle. Also I forgot about that forum app! I understand you get what you pay for but ironically I paid maybe 300 range more in middle for the bumper a year ago and I'm finding warn ones for same amount. Are they shit? I always thought warn was more around a LOD pricing.

Attachments

#221 ·
I have the same bumper you do now, mine rattles once in a while when I am really bouncing but other than that it has been a good bumper. I hope mine doesnt break :chauncy:

#222 ·
I don't notice much rattle now, but
My hardtop is on so it's hard to say. The only issue I've had with the carrier so far is that plastic rub block snapped in half. I got a new one sent under warranty no problem. A buddy of mine also made me one out of nylon and I'm having no issue with that. I've run 30 miles of trails around big rapids and seasonal roads around Harrison with that bumper/carrier without problem. I had it rhino lined fresh out of the box, that will take care of any rust issues. As for the open design, flush it with the garden hose when you wash it. I was actually very suprised at how heavy this thing is, the bumper itself should take some abuse, the jury is still out on the carrier. I am planning to mount my hi-lift to the lower horizontal bar and possibly fab up a cargo rack to sit above the spare. If that doesn't cause the pivot point to fail I don't think anything will. If it does fail I'll probably replace it with a truck spindle and hub.

I'm not sure about the quality of warn's stuff. IMO most of the smittybilt bashing comes from the fact that they are produced overseas.
I have their bumpers front and rear as well as their winch and have had zero problems.

#223 ·
Yeah I can't lift that bumper I had issues with just the carrier when. It was in apart and in two pieces . For now my boyfriends going to weld it up good and I'll keep using it. Once he teaches me to weld I want to make some of my own stuff. But I will say that I had my other one ( rear bumper) coated and it turned the color of rust and was chipping off the coating. I included photos of my boyfriend jeep also I believe it was asking a few pages back.

Attachments

#224 ·
Your pictures don't seem to show up for some reason. Neither did the one that grnd93 posted... They show the thumbnail, but that's it.

http://shop.poisonspyder.com/TJ-LJ-RockBrawler-Rear-Bumper-with-Tire-Carrier-p/14-61-020.htm

Buy that. Quality costs. Honestly you will be hard pressed to find something of quality for under 600-700 these days.

I was actually astounded at the price of tire carriers when I got back into this shit a year ago. Thats part of the reason why my JK doesn't have a spare. $1200-1500 for a tire and carrier. No thanks. I could call a wrecker quite a few times for that price. :sonicjay:

#226 ·
I would love American made products but they have to lower cost a bit for a regular worker with a house or family. I went wheeling with a bunch of JKs and they were mod to the Tee with Lod but they were all retired. If we are paying for quality ok? But are we paying more if it's made here too!? When do we get a break?

#228 ·
Look into JCR, They are a Michigan based company.
They are on the Forums here - Brimy311 or Monkeyevil
High quality, you break it they replace it warranty.
Their Stage 3 Bumper w/carrier isn't much more than the Smittybilt.
Save on shipping with a road trip to K-Zoo.

I have the Stage 3 front on my TJ and my son has one on his XJ.

#233 ·
I work two jobs and I can't afford Lod after bills if people want people to buy American make it affordable. I dont have 1000 for a bumper. Support American make it affordable. that's why people buy cheap shit because I need to run a spare and oh I only have maybe after bills a little money. As for DYI we are making this smitty bumper a krista built and re doing all the welds it should work perfect after that. oh and FYI Jeeperscreepers know where it's at they run sick deals. Btw if you can afford 800-1000 bumpers kudos. I know I can't.

#250 ·
#234 · (Edited)
Oh I am supporting my neighbors and maybe a few streets with all the money taken out of my checks :)
Oh and the women in front of me in line with a bridge card buying a tooth brush that shoots water into the gums and teeth and is told her card doesn't have enough money so she opens her purse to 200 dollars in 100s and says well put the food back I want the cool toothbrush...

#238 ·
Not to mention he has good prices. And will build them any damn way you want them. For instance, WhiteRhino has Tabs bumpers with little penises lazer cut into them. It's really quite a sight!:thumb:

#240 ·
Hello Krista! Welcome to Great Lakes 4x4!:thumb: I like your Jeep ,it is a nice mild jeep build. I don't own a Jeep but I drive a mild Toyota . I find the more I get into wheeling the more I hate bolt on stuff. I have the painted fender flares and I loved them at first, now they are GAY and I'm taking them off and getting the sawzall out . I have built a lot of my truck mods and I have paid for a lot of my trucks mods. Either way it is still the way I like it . I didn't do my 5.29's in my axles I paid to have them done. I also had my sas done to my truck. I have to say If non of us (including Becky) had not paid for the things we wanted done ,someone in the 4x4 crowd would be homeless and starving now. I chose my battles wisely on what I build and what I pay someone else for. You will find that most of the people on this site are actually very nice their E penises just get a little big at times . :naughty: If you can take the massive shit that's dished out here it is really a fun site to be on and there are a lot of interesting characters . Thick skin is needed too.:thumb: Good luck on your build . Oh, and I have some fabulous wet okole seat covers on my shit, They make my ass feel at home.:finger:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.