Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Project "Dissociative Identity"

36K views 201 replies 39 participants last post by  Alex456123 
#1 ·
Bought this a few years ago as a winter beater/commuter, with no plans to build it. The PO used to wax it! haha. A week later it was on 35" KM2s and a 2" BB, with trimmed fenders. Another week later I was on a week long wheeling trip, and I was hooked.

97 Wrangler
4.0/5spd
8.8 3.73s
D30 3.07s
XJ springs ~3" lift
Outboarded shocks
Lots of trimming and trail damage.

I ran it like that for 2 years, had a lot of fun. In the mean time, I build a few fast cars. and then the jeep sat for a year. Which brings us to present time. A few month ago, I pulled apart my 800hp Trans Am, to upgrade to a 1500whp large frame build. This left me with a lot of un-needed parts. Tried to sell stuff... I dealing with buyers. So this happened.

I built a fresh crossover. and now we have a LQ4 with a 72mm turbo in a trail TJ.

I have cut the build down a bit, in order to make a July 4th wheeling trip up at drummond with some friends.

Sport cage
Boat sides
Flat skid
Highlined
Turbo LS
4L80e/241c
Custom chassis harness
Fuel cell

Ill get some more pictures next weekend. The engine is currently pulled back out. Im finish welding the cage, turbo kit, mounts...

Im going to wheel it easy, 2wd for a bit. while I collect parts to put it on 1 tons. I am also going to front and backhalf it.

Im trying to decide if I should stay small. stock width/wheelbase/35s. or full widths/8" front stretch/4" rear stretch/42s. I've always liked how nimble my TJ is compared to my friends rides. but going bigger is so addicting.

The goal for this thing, is to be daily drivable(300mi/week), drive up to Drummond, and embarrassing some mustangs in my spare time.

See less See more
#2 ·
Looking forward to seeing this.

I say keep it small. My project once again spiraled into another big Jeep but what I really want is a mild TJ on 33-35" tires with a similar powerplant to what you're doing.....so I say do it that way so I can live vicariously through you:sonicjay:

#5 ·
Thanks guys.

Im pretty excited.

Thats the nice thing about having more power than I need, I can put big tires on and not worry about the HP losses.

but the trails I run (made by me on my property) are very tight and narrow. I rub tire between trees. So if I go big, Ill have to cut trees down.

#12 ·
And some much deserved up to date pictures.

I have final exams this week. but I am using my free time to finish weld, and cut up the 4'x8'x1/4" I got to skin the boatsides and build a skid plate.

That ground clearance though...

Here you can see how much of the Trans tunnel I had to cut out in order to fit a flat skid . As well as the fuel cell, and rear battery. All of this is temporary, I will be backhalfing this thing very soon.

#17 ·
With how much you're hacking it up I don't see it being daily drivable for long, so I guess we'll see how it goes...

#19 ·
Thanks guys.

Thats priority one, I have no interest in having a trailer queen. I "hack up" Trans Am's more than this and their street driven. Im not worried about my current plan being streetable.

I was wondering when this build was going to make it on here.

Sent from my iPhone 5c
Hey!

Yea, I figured I might as well.

Ive been trying to brainstorm, what I want to do for axles, thought this might help.

#30 ·
Well its town down most of the time.

but I've put ~4000miles locally on it since 09, so its definitely been around.

Assuming thats your jeep in your white CJ, I think im seen it around a couple times.

P.S. I was creeping, trying to find pics of your rig and saw you were looking for a welder. Let me know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.