Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Never Enough.....SAS blaZeR2

100K views 530 replies 74 participants last post by  Judd 
#1 · (Edited)
Here’s my first build.

I would first like to thank my grandparents and especially my grandpa for all of his help with the build. I have been doing all of the work in his shop with his help. This both of ours first truck build but, not his first time in the garage... Ill let you see some of the toys that have rolled out of the garage before :naughty:

As of now
99 Blazer zr2
4.3 v6
-msd ignition
-jba headers egr delete
-flowmaster super44
-gibson 2.5 mandrel bent exhaust
-missing kitty
5 speed
31 bfg at's
torsion bar lift
lift shackles
homemade front bumper

Here it is

Here is my first stuck:sonicjay:

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
The build plan

Hp d44 with welded wedges
-4.88's
-richmond mini spool
-tacked caps
-GLO diff cover

GM 10 bolt 30 spline
-4.88's
-lockright
-wheel adapters 5x4.75 to 5x5.5

Radius arm front suspension
-ballistic joints
-bds 6.5 XJ coils
-2" .250 dom
-ballistic adjustable coil mounts

Spring over rear
-ballistic leaf spring kit
-stock springs

Steering
-3/4 hiems
1.5" .250 dom

Wheels-Tires
- 15" walker evans bead locks 5x5.5
-35x12.5 bfg km2s

#14 ·
#25 · (Edited)
Here is my modified rear tire carrier, I have changed the bolt pattern and moved the mount in to compensate for the new back spacing. Better departure angle and less leverage on the carrier it’s self. The mounting plate has moved down for a better view too.

Before

After

I had to relocate the plate to the middle to see it. It is two pieces of tube sleeved over top of each other with a bolt holding it together, to allow tire removal. The plate backing is made from 3/16 so if I need it I have a piece of 1' by 6" plate for a trail repair.

Any one know of a light that I could use for the rear plate? Autozone has one but the cord exits from the top, im looking for one to go trough the back.

#28 ·
Thanks and the axles will go under it as soon as my grandpa has time to help, he is busy with some big races the next 2 weeks

Mount the plate somewhere else, the rims looks waaaay better than a tag. Almost a sin to cover it up. :thumb:
Yeah I would have to agree with you. But that one is there just for show :teehee: because I only have 4 bead locks.

The real spare is just a regular steel wheel, so the plate will help to hide the rim.

#29 ·
Ok I have a few questions about setting up gears. How do you measure for the shims on both the pinion and the side bearings? I have seen it on Extreme4x4 but haven’t found out how to do it myself.

Also are there any tricks or tips on how to set up gears in an axle that is still in the car?

What is the proper gear oil to break in a set of gears? Regular oil for break in then full synthetic like a motor, or just run full synthetic from the start?

Any links or advice would be greatly appreciated as I’m setting up the rear end tomorrow.

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.