Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Hey Westsiders

1K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  9T9BlueTJ 
#1 ·
I am going to be working in / near Benton Harbor all of this weekend. Do you have any suggestions on a place to stay with 30 minutes or so or there that is decent?

#2 · (Edited)
you can bunk up with me :teehee:

Im about 10 minutes from benton harbor... are you looking for a hotel or what?

if your going budget there is a motel 6 next to home depot right off I 94 pipestone exit... same exit there is a nicer place.. but not great.

if you wanna stay in class go to safari joes in watervliet, exit 41 (bout 12 miles east) its a holiday inn but the owner (joe arent) is a hunter / zillionare so there are mounts of every animal known to man in the lobby, plus 2 bars and a small waterpark

#4 ·
right off pipestone is comfort suites, and a courtyard in that are both decent. and there is a mall, wal-mart, home depot, lowes, best buy, and all sorts off restaraunts in that part of town.

be prepaired for the ninjas if you stay in town though :thumb:

#6 ·
be prepared for the ninjas if you stay in town though :thumb:
I dont want my truck or tools missing in the morning. I dont think this falls into my SAFE qualification.

I dont need to be right in town. I am covering the west coast from Michigan City to Holland and east into Dowagiac / Decatur. Just looking for somewhere to crash at night for a few hours Fri, and Sat.

#8 ·
watervliet is a nice quiet safe town, about 10-15 mintes from benton harbor, and dawagiac. Id give safari joe's ramada inn a call and find out their rates.

n June 2003, a small minority of the residents in Benton Harbor rioted for two days when black motorcyclist Terrance Shurn, being chased by a mixed-race police officer, crashed into a building and died. Five[4] homes were set on fire, and about 300 state troopers and law enforcement personnel from neighboring communities came to Benton Harbor to stabilize the situation.[4] Many saw the riots as a sign of frustration from the mostly black youth population.[3][5][6][7]
:sonicjay:

#20 ·
I would recommend the Holiday Inn Express on Lakeshore Dr. south of St Joe. Great place, great views of Lake Michigan, and Cozumel is next door (good Mex joint). A little pricey, but not bad being off season. Best of all, no ninjas for miles!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.