Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Pictures of me n' my band (Yeah, we won).

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  General Lee 
#1 ·
Moment of Inertia:

The Axes:

Crowd pleaser before the band set up:

Open Mic Night 1:

2:

Workin' the crowd at the battle of the bands:

Check us out at www.moirocks.net !

The site is still under construction (the song in the background is a fruity loops version of the song that we premiered at the battle of the bands, and they still haven't changed out the picture of the old bassist on the enterance page), but there is still some more pictures and such on there.

We're putting out a demo CD within the next month, and we are trying to get at least one more gig in Flint before the end of December!

Thanks!

See less See more
#3 ·
Hahahahahahaha!!!

HackSaw said:
Hell yea dude.. rock on even tho yer a dork
Thanks Hack! That made my night! :sonicjay: :sonicjay: :sonicjay:

Just remember what the shirt says (Love An Engineer)!

#7 ·
Wow

Thanks guys!

To be honest, I was thinking that I was going to get ragged about how the crowd looks small in the pictures or something (there were only a little over 50 or 60 people at one of the events), but I wasn't expecting so much interest!

Thanks for the complements and everything, and I will definately relay the demo's progress/completion and future gig locations with everyone.

Just to let you know, I'm not even playing in that demo on the site. That's a bass part generated by fruity loops (I was hoping you'd all expect more from me than that). I really like that song because I was able to use inspiration from Stu Hamm, Incubus, Tool, and Mudvaye, and I'm really proud of what my part turned out to be. Anyway, thanks and I'll keep you all posted!!!

-Jim

#13 ·
Well...

As far as the drummer goes, you can find pictures of him on the website ( www.moirocks.net ). He's an awesome guy and has a huge chevy truck, dual exhaust, lifted, big tires, bull bar, and off road lights...he races it.

About the matching suits...It's not as bad as it was...The old bassist in this band would always wear all white (everyone else would wear black, and he wanted to be different). My old band, however, wore more matching white tyvec paint suits. We would wear nothing under them, and they are like....1/147826387623" thick...but they hold heat and we would still sweat to the point of passing out.

:sonicjay: ahhh the beauty of old bands...

#14 ·
Weeeewwwww!!!

Last night (from 7pm to 3am) my band toured the studio, performed for the tech (and he made a rough cd to get an idea of what the sound should be like for our final recording), and we talked $$ and legalities.

Everything is AWESOME! The guy was really impressed with my set-up, sound, and style, and he thought the band sounded sweet.

The lead guitar and singer/rhythem guitar will be laying their tracks down on Wed/Thurs, the drummer and I head over on Saturday, the last rhythem guitar and final vocals/harmony go down Sunday.

I'm guessing...2 weeks until the CD (?)

We'll probably post the songs on the website (and I'll put something on here when we get it up).

This recording business is making me very poor, so, if you like what you hear, we will be selling demo cds (4 tracks) for $3.

Thanks everyone!!!

#16 ·
Grandman said:
OH , the drummer gets all the woman , trust me :tonka: :gman:
Oh yeah? Well the bassist gets all the...all the...all the...s***. I give up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.