Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Feb 24, 2007... Mounds... Chili...

20K views 370 replies 75 participants last post by  adrianjeepguy 
#1 ·
On February 24th, 2007 I plan on going to the Mounds and having chili for lunch.

#45 ·
max5p33d, just stay out of the mud/ice holes and you'll be fine. The ground is frozen so you should have no problems getting around.
Here is some caution about the Mounds for newbs: trust your gut :) If you think that mud holes might be deep and you are affraid of getting stuck then don't try it until you see someone with a similarly setup vehicle goes through it first. Some mudholes are easy and some will drown your Jeep. Oh and don't go exploring on your own, stick with your group.

#46 ·
If it says cold like it is now everyone should be fine. Everything will be frozen solid. Just follow the advice Sveen gave, stick with a group and don't go where no one else has gone.

#51 ·
I'll be there. I've never been to the Mounds so I might as wll go when there is going to be a ton of people there having a good time and eating some flame throwing chili.

#56 · (Edited)
Just wave me down. Ill wheel around with you and show you around a little. Only really been twice but know it pretty will. Ill be in a big 85 toyota on 37's, if your there soon enough its blue silver and orange. Otherwise its many shades of brown. Hopefully ill have the cb working good.
What channel is every one going to be on (cb)?

#58 ·
I'm planning on making it, wanna meet more peeps out there. I'll also probably have a seat open in my XJ.

#60 ·
hey mike im gonna take the cj and i think both kevins are prolly going and maybe jon with his tj so we should prolly just all parade up there.........just dont drive behind me the exhaust will make you sleepy

#63 ·
If I get the trans done by then I'll be there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.