Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Da Mounds (Sunday, Nov 05)

3K views 33 replies 12 participants last post by  StartingLine 
#1 ·
Hey everybody. Mark (BigNNasty72) and myself are headed to the Mounds on Sunday, Nov 5th for one more adventure this year, before we park the toys and upgrade (and fix stuff) for next year. We even got a few crazy guys on quads to go as well.

All are welcome to come and watch Mark try to get back to the mud before he blows his junk up.......again. :sonicjay: :poke:

See ya there, we'll be in the Parking Lot at High Noon.

#2 ·
If were fixed by then . well get dirty with ya:woot:

#4 ·
Jeep goes to get fixed Tursday . hope its done . big bad jeep who bent the tube for your cage.

#6 ·
Alright Disorder, get your truck fixed. I'm guessing it's a little tranny work!!

As for the cage. Mark and I built the cages ourselves. Everything from Designing, Measuring, Notching, Bending, and Booger Welding. We borrowed my father inlaws shop for all of last winter. He had all the goodies: Bridgeports, Chop Saws, 220V Miller Matics, and Bender (only 1" & 2" dies though).:thumb:

Attachments

#10 ·
Newbie here ,but was thinking about coming up there this Sunday as well, I have a couple of questions though I have a 06 Dakota qaud cab and a friend of mine that is thinking about coming as well has a 07 FJ Cruiser, the only thing is they are both bone stock all the way down to the tires and we are wondering if there is gonna be any place for us to play around with out the worries of being stuck in some deep mud/water.We are driving up from Toledo,Ohio wich is around an 1 1/2 hour drive for us.

Thanks for any input.

#13 ·
I took a 07 fj out last week end dont do it.... Water is bad for the altinator. had to tke it apart to make it charge again. the brushes got clog with mud. also toyota does not stock parts in th us for the fj's. But it did do beter then I thought it would.

#30 ·
Dudes.....Had a great time.

Just got one thing to say: Whats with all the Watchers, Haters, Nay Sayers, and Non Helping Sons of Bitchs that were out there last week end????

I tooled around all day and helped someone out when they needed a pull or a winch. Usually while at least ten trucks were parked nearby. Thank God I helped some people, because when I killed my Jeep on the power lines on the way out, yes attempting to help yet another standed soul, someone was there there to pull me out (of the park).

Big thanks to the Big white Chevy on 38" GroundHawgs!!!!

Peace Out,

#32 ·
I didn't totally kill it :sonicjay: just turned my air filter into a wet sponge.

I didn't take my camera out on the trail but borrowed all the pics of us from Got Mud.
http://www.383ftp.com/Pics/4 Wheeling/11-5/

#33 ·
I beleive it was you guys I met as well...Im really bad with names LOL,anyhow once again I had a good time and would defintly like to meet some of you guys and BS a little bit more,but this time we was like a couple of kids in the new playground just checkin everything out LOL.Also if no one has seen it I posted a link in the pics and vids section as well.:beer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.