Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Any trails in the down river area?

7K views 27 replies 16 participants last post by  brewmenn 
#1 ·
Hey guys. Any two-tracks down river or in the monroe area?

#14 ·
just got a stock 1997 land rover disco that im going to build up. Next upgrade will be the suspension. Going on what i read, I can get 2" from shocks and springs before i have to start messing with changing drive shafts.

I've ran a bunch of the fire trails in the Indian River area on ATVs for the longest time but no 4WD trucks so im trying to get my feet wet without getting in too deep.

Im also in the Allen Park/Romulus area so let me know any pointers/locations.

#18 ·
hey...I know a secret place no its not legal one in monroe and in taylor also one in new Boston but ive never got in trouble at either locations 41.933976,-83.368287 google this location and click the link for maps then hit terrain
42.215307,-83.296775 or put this in google and zoom in and hit the terrain tab. entrances to these locations are hard to find the one in taylor is good and challenging the one in monroe is ok at best.
and finally the bigest best kept secret is arcona hill this is a very hard area and can be quite dangerous 42.103489,-83.460061
ps if you get stuck and you need help dont call a tow truck it is private property and they will be required to call the police.

If anyone else has good spots post em lets see all of down rivers dirty little secrets.

Scuba

REALLY!!!!!!!!!! I hope your not that dumb.

#22 · (Edited)
hey...I know a secret place no its not legal one in monroe and in taylor also one in new Boston but ive never got in trouble at either locations 41.933976,-83.368287 google this location and click the link for maps then hit terrain
42.215307,-83.296775 or put this in google and zoom in and hit the terrain tab. entrances to these locations are hard to find the one in taylor is good and challenging the one in monroe is ok at best.
and finally the bigest best kept secret is arcona hill this is a very hard area and can be quite dangerous 42.103489,-83.460061
ps if you get stuck and you need help dont call a tow truck it is private property and they will be required to call the police.

If anyone else has good spots post em lets see all of down rivers dirty little secrets.

Scuba

haha martinsville been there some good shit.
but there is nothing legal in this area other than bundy

#23 ·
I was driving around today and found some great trails in the Taylor, MI area. They are off of King rd west of telegraph. They looked pretty nice, and i googled the trails, they look promising. No posted signs were up, except for a large land for sale billboard. It looks as though its cleared land for development. Does anyone know of the penalties of going on such property?

#26 ·
PS ok so i have an idea if any one in this area knows some one with rural land, Old farm, wooded lot not in use etc, I have access to heavy machinary and some potential investors we could build our own four wheeling park. The land owner will make a profit from leasing us the land and we could finally have a LEGAL alternative.

This is no joke i almost had land secured in newport and all the permits legit but the owner backed out. So if you know someone with a parcel of 5 acres or more and wants to make some cash get back with me.

Been working on this for three years it would be nice to see this through! And agian i will do all the work just need some land.

Steve

Stevefoop@yahoo.com

#28 ·
Does anyone ever go to Heiss road anymore?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.