Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

delete

2K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  Rainbird1099 
#1 · (Edited)
Item number 120073664713 really cool check it out

#13 ·
Just got e-mail from the guy, doesn't seem right, I can't look at it, or test drive it, but he wants a $4,000 deposit as soon as auction ends. his e-mail is kakaplayer@xxxdomain.com
MY E-MAIL TO HIM:
Is the title free and clear?
Are the miles accurate?
Can I take this vehicle for a test drive?
How far are you from Nashville?
How long have you owned this Jeep?
Do you have reciepts for all of the mods?
Why are you selling it?
I appreciate your time to respond.

Thank you,

Scott

HIS RESPONSE:
Hi ,
First of all I have to let you know that the car is looking AMAZING, with no scratches nor damages and it is 100% working.
Unfortunately i`m a N.A.T.O doctor and i`m moving out and that's why we won't be able to see each other, but the car is still with the shipping company and it's ready to be delivered.
I decided to sell my car for a personal reason which involves also the fact that I have to move out of the country.The deal can be done via eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection Program like this :
SHIPPING:
Shipping will be done by XXXXXXXXX and the ITEM will arrive in no more than 3-4 days.
The transport and the car will be assured by the shipping company.
PAYMENT:
A deposit of $ 4,000.00 USD is required by eBay and after that the shipping will be started.
After you will inspect the car if for some reason you do not like the car and do not want to buy it , you can always take your money back from eBay agent who will bring you the car with the shipping company, there is no problem.
Mail me soon and let me know if you are interested (and I BET YOU ARE!).
Best Regards,
Dr. Michael Becerra

#16 ·
No i am not selling it. If i owned I would not sell it. And I agree itsto easy to get ripped off and that sound kind of fishy

#19 ·
Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam .....

#20 ·
well looks like ebay pulled it off! I emailed them to see if it was legit, didnt hear anything back, but the item# no longer comes up! After seeing friends get scammed on sleds, mototcycles etc. I never buy a higher dollar item unless it's somthing I can pay cash for after I've seen it and inspected it!

#21 ·
Dear rainbird1099 (scottdaar@yahoo.com):

Our records indicate that you recently sent an email to or received an email from markjeeps through the eBay email system (for example, you may have sent an email to this member through Ask Seller a Question or received an email from this member through Contact eBay Member).

Sometimes eBay accounts are used to send email solicitations for transactions outside of eBay, or to send unrelated questions in hopes that you will respond so that the other party can obtain your email address. We wanted you to be aware of the potential fraud risk these solicitations pose and encourage you to be cautious about the email you received from this member.

Please keep in mind, sales that take place outside of eBay are not eligible for any eBay or PayPal protective services and you run the risk of losing your money or your item if you complete these transactions. We would encourage you to review the eBay pages related to Fraud Protection at the address provided below for information on steps you can take to ensure that your transactions are successful:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/isgw-buyer-protection-steps.html

If you have already sent the item or sent payment for the item, please reply to this email and we will send you additional information about how to protect yourself.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety

Learn how you can protect yourself from spoof (fake) emails at:
http://pages.ebay.com/education/spooftutorial

This administrative email was sent to scottdaar@yahoo.com from eBay. Your account is registered on www.ebay.com. As outlined in our User Agreement, eBay will periodically send you information about site changes and enhancements. If you would like to receive this email in text format, change your notification preferences.

See our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have questions about eBay's communication policies.
Privacy Policy: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/privacy-policy.html
User Agreement: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/user-agreement.html

Copyright © 2006 eBay, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
eBay and the eBay logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of eBay, Inc.
eBay is located at 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.