Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Red Wings

2K views 36 replies 14 participants last post by  tjwrangler00 
#1 ·
Look like shit tonight.

#3 ·
Ducks goalie is fucking insane. I might get flamed for this, but I don't think osgood is that great, it's just usually our defense is so good that the have like 2/3. Of the shots on goal as we do.

#6 ·
im not trying to make excuses but i ref hockey and this officiating is terrible.
The refs have sucked this game and last game too. It seemed like especially in the last game the wings just sat there and watched the puck instead of charging to the net.

#8 ·
All I want is consistancy from the zebras... If it's consistantly bad I can live with that.

They've looked a little better at the end of the 2nd and now the 3rd. But they started like complete crap!

OZZY.... I was never a fan of Osgood, Last year he really turned me around, He didn't have a great year this year, but look at the guys stats... you can't argue those. But then I wish the media would piss him off again, he played great when they did that in the first round.

They have to get their shit together fast!!!

Oh yeah.... HOSSA SUCKS!!!!

#17 ·
That call was crazy, the puck was loose the entire time. I don't feel like trying to look it up, but can the other ref or a linesman overrule the call on the ice (like in baseball when the umps huddle up and make a decision on the play)? It looked like the linesman at the blue line had a clear view of the puck sitting in the crease.

The Stuart interference call was equally as bad, which led to a Anaheim PP goal.

#19 ·
Mickey Redmond called it at the begining of the 3rd. The results of that game was going to come down to the officiating (or lack of). Those refs lost control of that game from the get-go. All that crap at the very end too.

I am not surprised though. We will just have to se if they can face more adversity (again).

#23 ·
in the replay the puck was across the line before the whistle blew. To bad a call like that isn't reversible, for once instant replay would have worked, but they should have skated that way the whole game. The Ducks have had our number in the playoffs for years they play us very well.

#21 ·
yes there were some bad calls both ways... but the wings played like the wings for the last 30 minutes of the game. They were really flat/intimidated the first period and strated to play well almost at the 10 minute mark of the 2nd.

Hossa doen't suck... everyone said that about Dyatsuk when he didn't log a point in the playoffs for ever. It is just not clicking with him...still a threat

Ozzy well he is Ozzy he has his days... everyone thinks he sucks until he hoists that cup again then he is the man. Yes he is playing good in goal right now ,but Hiller makes any keeper in the league look like they they should be in the minors.

#24 ·
yes there were some bad calls both ways... but the wings played like the wings for the last 30 minutes of the game. They were really flat/intimidated the first period and strated to play well almost at the 10 minute mark of the 2nd.

I agree, it should never come down to the refs, but since we all knew that this was going to be a long series and everything was going to be so close then they have to step it up as officials. Seems like this has been a hot topic for the past couple of years now. Unfortunatly things happen so fast on the ice and they don't have the luxury of watching it over and over in slow motion.

#25 ·
The original call was no goal because of intent to blow the whistle.

Tidbit of info for the day: Brad (T)Watson and Getslapped, er Getslaf (I am starting to hate that f*cker as much as Donger) are both from Regina.

#26 ·
gotta say i bet the wings would lose 2-1 last night before the game even started. they will win games 4 and 5 though we will see

and if you guys think hiller is so great wait till they start shooting the puck at the net instead of his chest to where he actually has to move to make the save

even if they allowed that goal the wings would have lost in ot
they aren't playing near their capability right now
hopefully that goal will get them mad enough and turn it around
it will be a 7 game series

#27 ·
I watched the entire game. yes that was a goal. yes it was a bad call. BUT... wings didn't show up to play until the 3rd period, you are not going to win the game putting rubber on net from the tip of the circle. period. the wings had a great third period. we'll bounce back thursday. it's the playoffs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.