Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Memorial Day - A day for our veterens to ride in Volkswagens in parades

732 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  cameron69 
#1 ·
I usually don't post too much on here...once in a while, not a lot.

I was at the Memorial Day parade here in Holland (basically to watch my son march) and the parade was full of WWII vets riding in the usual Corvettes, Mustangs, and to my surprise, a convertible Volkswagen and a convertible Toyota. How many Jeeps were in the parade?????? 1.

Just a nicely done Military Jeep.

Next year, I'm finding out how to get my Jeep in the parade to haul a vet!

I didn't like seeing WWII Veterans riding in German and Japanese vehicles. I know, I'm not very PC. Bash me if you want. I can take it.

#4 · (Edited)
Neither country would have the vehicles they have today, if it weren't for the war. After which we shared our tech to help the countries rebuild. Japan merely took it a step further and kept progressing, US became stagnant. For those that were in Japan or Germany during the war, reconstruction, or now; seeing the progress of Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Subaru, VW, etc; could give them a sense of pride, knowing they helped build it. (Just a thought)

FYI...I proudly display a POW MIA and VVA Sticker on my 4runner. This is for my dad and the people that fought in these wars. There are some that have issue with it, to them F-Off!

About the vehicles, as a kid I walked in a lot of parades with my dad and can say for a fact that the vehicles we used were owned by members. However, if someone were to offer their services, I'm sure they would have been accepted. Not a lot of people care until parade day, though.

#5 ·
if the vet who was in the war does not have a problem riding in it, why should you?
you did not have to ride in it!

Memorial day is about remembering those we lost to have what we do!
the freedom for you to cry about something so stupid!!

That vet served! so his choice to ride in it or not should be fine with you!

he also helped give me the freedom to think your a petty idiot!

Memorial day is not for whining about a vet riding in a foreign car! be thankful he made it home to have the opportunity to be in that parade!

quit crying about little shit and volunteer your vehicle next time!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.