Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Murphy, the B2 build

88K views 678 replies 63 participants last post by  Kyle M. 
#1 · (Edited)
This is my next build, 86 B2. It's rough, but I'm gonna save it for my wife and kids to ride in.

Plans are to remove old lift and axles, remove body lift, install full width 44 and 8.8, 4.88 gears and lockers, simple leafs and coils with extended and heimed radius arms. Gonna stretch it to about 100" wheel base. Wanting to run a 37" or so tire. And going to build custom bumpers, sliders and maybe a simple interior cage.

Progress should start this weekend.

See less See more
#16 ·
Lets see thru the archives what I can find....

I orignally purchased the b2 from a friend for $75, he bought it from a dealer he worked at for $1. The dealer couldn't figure out what was causing it to run poor (it was the TFI Module). He wheeled it stock, as did I for awhile. I eventually added leafs to the rear, 90's f150 2wd coil springs in the front and a 3" Body Lift to clear 33x12.50.

I dd'd it for awhile, then trail rigged it till I bought my first explorer. At which point it became a bear swamp toy exclusively for 2 yrs getting the shit kicked out of it. I never changed out the D28 or the 7.5" but I did weld both sets of spiders. I managed to keep the front end together pretty well considering 33's and a d28 welded up. I then sold it to nd4spd71 who trail rig'd it for a spell before I ended up buying it back recently. Then when I started doing the buggy I let it go to Kyle M.

First motor I grenaded in it..

I have more pics, I'll have to dig around on the home comp.

#30 ·
Tore the front clip off, bumpers and cleaned it out a little to give it a good looksie. I'm surprised at how good of shape it is all in.

Things to add to the need to buy list, a 1354 manual case to get rid of the 1350 slip yoke. I have a 1354e case to put in it for now, but shifting is gonna suck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.