Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

blazer sas questions

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  VAhasnoWAVES 
#1 ·
I have a 2000 blazer that i am building it will be my dd and off road toy. what would be the best suspension set up for good articulation on the trails and stable on the road? Also i am having a tough time finding what front axles i was told the dana 30,44,60 will break the ears any ideas will help.

#5 · (Edited)
hi pinion ford dana 44 or hi pinion ford dana 60. depends on desired tire size, and how your gonna use it. the high pinion 44 could be easily matched to the rear 6 lug axle by swapping on old chevy outers. the d44 is way cheaper. are you gonna run leafs in front, radius arms, or link it? leafs or old ford radius arms are pretty cheap and easy to work with. if it was me, and i was gonna run 35's or mabey 37's, i would get a hi pinion 44 radius arm axle and run that. its cheap, easy to convert, and fairly strong. if you wanna go hog wild, look for a hi pinion 60, and look at a cage sas kit. good luck

#7 ·
I was thinking 35s. for the suspension i am try for a stable ride on the road and rugged off road. from what i have been told i was think links. The set up i seen has one bar on each.side that forks half way down ilike a 4 link set up. I seen that set up on this site the posters name was grizzy

#8 ·
i did a sas on my blazer last year. lot different now. (s10 cab, 8 lugs etc) but its really a broad subject your on here. I started with ord's leaf spring kit and a 30/8.25 for axles on 36s. if had to do it again and my suggestion to you is for a cost effecient street/trail rig. do a cherokee style long arm or a 3 link with coil springs and spring over in the rear

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.