Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

NOT Mike's Toy THAT SOB

4K views 49 replies 29 participants last post by  gonepostal 
#1 · (Edited)
A LYING SACK OF SHIT BUDDY THAT I WENT TO COLLEGE WITH JUST SENT ME SOME PIX OF THIS RIG THAT HE DID NOT BUILT LAST SUMMER :thumb: I THOUGHT YOU GUYS WOULD GET A KICK OUT OF THE FLEX :rock:

SPECKS :
Dana 60s with Trac Locks, 5.38 gearing, and 35 spline shafts. Cut down to 65" width.
2.5"x 16" King coil over shocks with a wishbone suspension front and rear. PSC hyd. assist steering components
Divorce mounted T-case.

You can find all the pictures on our site in either the projects or pictures gallery. www.katkustoms.com

[

#17 ·
its different I will give him that....I suggest d-shafts and mounting those remote reseviors before he jumps in and takes off to work.
The other truck was in Petersons last year....its next to my toilet.

#23 ·
For a truck, it's pretty cool. It's a bit tall for my task and would have difficulty going through trails without body damage. That's the nice thing about building your own vehicles, you can pick how you want it to be. I'm sure that alot of these type of truck owners wonder why we build what we build...

#31 ·
I think that they are sweet. I think it would be cool to have something like that, but my wife had trouble getting into my XJ with 4.5" of lift and 33s, it would be hell trying to convince her to get in that.

What size tires on the Taco?

#35 ·
Setting the record straight

Hello Guys! My name is Jason and I run Kat Kustoms, LLC in Ohio. I received an email from someone that saw a video of the Tacoma posted and said he saw it linked from this site. What has been claimed about the ownership of these trucks is not true. All of these pictures have been used off our website and cropped in order to remove our name.

Both trucks are owned by different people who have not sold them. We built the Chevy stepside Spring of '05 for a gentleman from WV. It is not daily driven and does not have 85,000 miles on it. It had a little over 20K and hasn't gone up a whole lot. The Tacoma was built over last fall for a customer in NC. We are now preparing to tear it down for paint/ powder coating in order to finish the truck (for now). It is not daily driven either. Both were put together for pleasure, show, and weekends- but built to play with too. They are very good in mud, snow, and jumping- We have done it. All of our project including these 2 also drive very well for their size. No, they are not intended for trail riding. The center of gravity is tall enough they aren't good in that area. Had the owners wanted that capability we would have built them much lower.

The Chevy was featured in Fourwheeler in Oct. 05. Both trucks have fully functioning 4WD and secure mounts for the reservoirs. The Tacoma is getting some billet aluminum res. clamps.

Thank you to the guys who have left positive comments. Again, the trucks were not built to trail ride. They were built to suit their individual owner's preferences. They like big trucks. Just like some like street rods, bikes, muscle cars, mud, rocks, etc... Both trucks are built well and will take abuse off roading as long as they are in terrain that works for them.

Have a great day guys.

#40 ·
Hello Guys! My name is Jason and I run Kat Kustoms, LLC in Ohio. I received an email from someone that saw a video of the Tacoma posted and said he saw it linked from this site. What has been claimed about the ownership of these trucks is not true. All of these pictures have been used off our website and cropped in order to remove our name.

Both trucks are owned by different people who have not sold them. We built the Chevy stepside Spring of '05 for a gentleman from WV. It is not daily driven and does not have 85,000 miles on it. It had a little over 20K and hasn't gone up a whole lot. The Tacoma was built over last fall for a customer in NC. We are now preparing to tear it down for paint/ powder coating in order to finish the truck (for now). It is not daily driven either. Both were put together for pleasure, show, and weekends- but built to play with too. They are very good in mud, snow, and jumping- We have done it. All of our project including these 2 also drive very well for their size. No, they are not intended for trail riding. The center of gravity is tall enough they aren't good in that area. Had the owners wanted that capability we would have built them much lower.

The Chevy was featured in Fourwheeler in Oct. 05. Both trucks have fully functioning 4WD and secure mounts for the reservoirs. The Tacoma is getting some billet aluminum res. clamps.

Thank you to the guys who have left positive comments. Again, the trucks were not built to trail ride. They were built to suit their individual owner's preferences. They like big trucks. Just like some like street rods, bikes, muscle cars, mud, rocks, etc... Both trucks are built well and will take abuse off roading as long as they are in terrain that works for them.

Have a great day guys.

WHERE IS THIS VIDEO I WOULD LOVE TO SEND IT TO MIKE :tonka:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.