Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

My kids (Sorry, Toyota guys, a couple more Jeeps!)

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  redmud 
#1 ·
This is my DD, a '97 on 32's. It's got @290,000 miles on it, and is all original, except for the motor, which has around 75K on it now. It's got a 2" RE budget boost, a borla header, a red top battery, Rubicon flares and I run 1.25 wheel spacers on the Canyons (don't knock 'em I like em!) It's getting a HP 30 out of an XJ and an 8.8 towards the end of the year. I've got the front axle in the garage, and still need to buy a rear. it, I doubt I'll go much taller with it, I drive way too many miles a day. The first Pic is from the mounds, which prompted the purchase of the CJ, when I realized exactly how screwed I'd be if I rolled my DD!

The rest of these are my new money pit, a '79 CJ5 with a 304 and a three speed. It's got power steering and brakes, and a clock and factory tach. the body is toast, but the frame is actually intact. It needs some work, but eventually it will get the 32" TSL/SX tires in the garage and some body work. I'd wheel it as is, but there's not enough of the body left for me to trust the rollbar if i flipped it. BTW- this was for sale here last week for $250. I assumed it was a sign when a cheep jeep showed up for sale pretty much in my backyard.

See less See more
#3 ·
Nick, we've talked about this... I'm not gonna comp cut it (the rust in the back is holding the roll bar in!) Or flat fender it! Unless you come over here and help. I did get 2 15 foot pieces of 1" Schedule 40 for free today... might be good for fenders, Huh?

#4 ·
great find. once i get my jeep running ill come out for a wrenchfest and some :beer: hold the hookers please! well save those for a rainy day:naughty: . lol
if you can get it running you definetly got your moneys worth:sonicjay:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.