Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

CRAWL READERS RIDE With Rocksolid Performance

41K views 371 replies 87 participants last post by  96 cherokee 
#1 ·
•When- August 10, 2013 All day
•Where- Rocks and Valleys Off Road Park
•Park Opens @ 7AM
•Link to Park web site - http://www.rocksandvalleys.com/
•Short Course Race "The Bump and Hustle" Track Limit 50 Racers - Morning 10AM Sharp
•Bounty Hill Climb ***** $1000.00***** Payout - Afternoon
•$20/ Rig with driver
•$10/ Spectator/Rider
•Food Available On Site
•200 Acres
•Everything from Easy To Hard – Stock tire sizes have something to do all the way up to buggies. A full range of trails.
•Entire park will be open while the events are going on.
•First 500 get Free “Goody Bag”
•First 100-200 get Free Event Tshirt

*this is not the club comp. There was a typo. The club comp will be in sept.

See less See more
#319 ·
X2 it was an awesome day just wish my Jeep would have been ready. It was my first time at the park period and it looks to be an awesome place to wheel. I should be up and running in a couple more weeks , so I hope to hit R&V soon. A big thanks to Rock Solid , Crawl magazine , Yukon gears, and the R&V staff for putting on a great event.

#321 ·
I had a great time, just wish I could of ran the bump and hustle :(. Pulled out of my campsite to head to race and my belt tensioner bolt broke off in the bracket leaving me with no steering, water pump or altenator. Ended up driving down the road to Lee's house and he helped me get the seized bolt out of the allumiun bracket :whiz:. Literally pulled back into the campground as the race ended.

Then of course I made myself look like an idiot getting stuck on the tire and then rolling before ever making it to the slap. That ended my run at the bounty (not that I had a chance), so my attempt on the wall was just for show. Even if I could of made it, their wouldn't have been a payout.

BIG thanks to everybody working the event. Esc. Mike and Robert. You guys did a great job. Ron and crew :thumb:. I had a great weekend.

#323 ·
Great time..glad I ran the bump and hustle.fastest time of the day.29 sec...did many full throttle assaults on the bounty.close but no cigar..need some sticky and more motor. Thanks Rocksolid for all the hard work and for a well organized event..

#338 ·
Yes Thanks go out to many. Rock Solid , G2 Crew (Frank), All of Rock Solids friends and Family, My Rangers . R&V owners Dale and Jeff Brockway. Many guest that helped out when something was needed. I also want to thank the camping guest. Once again every camp site was was clean as possible when left. Parking lot and trails clear and the event areas had little to no trash. What a great group of people we have in this sport.
The event was well planned, Well put on. and Well GREAT. The drivers of both events gave their all, and the crowd was very happy. I think the bump and hustle course was a event that others now think they should have entered. The smaller classes may have had smaller tires but they drove like the big rigs, Air time and all. Bounty Hill was heart stopping many times. From Erins lead run to the end everyone was all eyes on as each rig made the attemp. Great JOB all.

#339 ·
I missed Erin's run on the first comp, trying to idle my buggy off the track and out of the way, glad there will be videos. Everyone gave a good run on both courses. My spine hurt just watching some of the B and C class guys bottoming out on the first course!

I had a great time. I discovered that running on the last fumes in my propane cylinder, and that not getting the InnerAirLocks in my front tires, made for a very crappy run on the first comp.

I also got crossed up on the bounty hill, and instead of squaring up, I tried to push my left front tire through a sand ledge, resulting in splitting my transfercase open like an egg. Pretty disappointed that I didn't even make it to the wall.

Fix it and go again! (And make sure it's full of fuel! (Is there a "kicking myself" emoticon?))

#356 ·
U should of brought me your sticky,s ..was nice chatting w u and tab.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.