Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

who on here is trying to be awesome at something?

10K views 65 replies 33 participants last post by  dreezy 
#1 · (Edited)
is there something that you try every day to be better than everyone else at?

#6 ·
I don't have to try, I'm already awesome at everything.

#24 ·
I'm sure I can send you a couple fresh carolina reaper pods when they get ready. Those are the hottest in the world. A really good habanero is around 400,000 scovilles and these are around 1,500,000. If they turn out good enough I was thinking about doing a YouTube gl4x4 hot pepper challenge. Send them out to a few brave people but you need to post a video of you eating.
Looks like it would be third on this list:
http://www.crazyhotseeds.com/top-10-worlds-hottest-peppers/
you are failing already at being the awesomestest!:sonicjay::poke:

#26 ·
Looks like it would be third on this list:
http://www.crazyhotseeds.com/top-10-worlds-hottest-peppers/
you are failing already at being the awesomestest!:sonicjay::poke:
That is incorrect. The scorpions were the winner last year after they grew their full 8 seasons to prove that they are a stable breed. They are 1,4xx,xxx. The douglahs have been rumored to be the hottest feeling pepper ever grown but they are not proven. The reapers expedited the results through Guinness this year after they got their full 8 seasons of growth. You need to find better sources. :teehee:

#12 ·
I don't try to be better than anybody, but I do try and strive to improve me skills at working on cars. For some reason, I got the itch and all I want to do is work on cars. I won't touch my Jeep, but I'll work on anybody else's car. Guess I'm getting bored with my job:teehee:

#14 ·
I don't have a competitive bone in my body, unless it is against myself. If there is something I want or need to figure out or learn I will, plain and simple. Right now I am attempting to figure out how to properly pack and smoke a traditional tobacco pipe, which is a sort of dying art.

Besides that I try to be the very best father I can, taking my kids on all sorts of grand adventures, enjoying life to the fullest.

#27 ·
I don't have a competitive bone in my body, unless it is against myself.
This.

I enjoy running and have run a handful of marathons but never actually trained for one until the training I am doing right now for the Marine Corps Marathon in October.

I'm not trying to win the damn thing but I am trying to be awesome in my eyes by blowing my personal best out of the water. Previously my best for a marathon is 3 hours 55 minutes (and change) and I am shooting for under 3 hours and 30 minutes this time around; 25 minutes may not sound like much, but it's a huge improvement.

#28 ·
I am not awesome at anything....never have been and probably never will be. I can do most anything in a efficient manner but i don't have anything that i truly excel at and i am ok with that.

#38 ·
You know what? F you all! I am awesome! Matter of fact I am fucking awesome!!!
Why?
I will tell you!
My dad was a lifer in the Army.
My mom is 100% Korean.
My dad taught me to watch people and learn from them. Not my fault majority are stupid, yet amusing.
Mom and dad indirectly showed me how to cook and make some awesome dishes I actually still cook to this day.
Laughed at death several times. He scar3d the shit out of me once.
Fucked a lot.
Managed to stay married now for 15 years.
2 beautiful children.
I can damn near fix anything and fix it right.
Been in the same trade now for over 21 years.
own3d 2 homes.
Have bank.
Companion of the coolest jack russel evar!
And if you were lucky enough, you own one of my keychains.
I am awesome so f u :d:

#46 ·
Not finishing Jeeps. So far I'm 2 for 2 as far as you guys know.

....but in reality I guess I suck at it cuz I'm 2 for 4 and working my way towards being 1 for 4. Damnit, at least I'm good at drinking beer.

#55 ·
:sonicjay:

Hot pink 550 para cord seems to work for keeping the damn dogs out of them. If I didn't have anything across there my golden retriever would be laying on them like a bed :sonicjay: it is pretty white trash but I'm only here for a summer so I'm not getting too fancy.

#56 ·
Lately i'm trying to become better at shooting. I'm still a newbie in the hobby so working on aiming and holding steady are my main issues. With my 30-06 rifle and a not so fancy scope i can at least hit the targets within a 6" group at 80 yards. I would like to get that down to 3" or better over time. That is free standing not on a bench with a rest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.