Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

booty fab

222K views 761 replies 218 participants last post by  jhnyquest 
#1 · (Edited)
I love a good booty fab pic, post up any good ones you have

EDIT - UPDATED 1/28/08 with new Fail Scale

Booty Fab Fail-Scale (BFFS)

Thanks to VonDirt, we now have a scale to score fab work put in here. Keep in mind that a "high-score" here is not good, and the ultimate fail is a BF-5. Points are "awarded" for failing in the following criteria:

1. idea
2. design/engineering
3. fabrication/craftsmanship
4. finish
5. solution (does it work)

To clarify #1 and #2, idea relates to the overall concept and whether it's a good idea, or a bad one. An example would be building a wooden roll cage- bad idea. Design/engineering relates to how much thought was put into it, and how well the idea is executed. An example of this would be the mounting of the coilovers on the prerunner truck below. Good idea to run a linked rear suspension with coilovers, bad design/engineering to put the lower mounting pont at or above the centerline of the lower links.

Attachments

See less See more
#259 ·
Id like to say that I do agree that looking back my rear suspension is a bad idea, I do not think it compares to some of the shit I saw in this thread. Also just to let all you guys know I have a custom pair of Alcan rear springs coming in that will be built with double wrap ends, bolted keepers, poly bushings and a 3 inch lift over stock which will lower it about 2-3 inches and level my truck back out. They will replace the stock ones I have in there and will be bolted back to another 9 inch without any dumbassery involved

#260 ·
I do not think it compares to some of the shit I saw in this thread.
While you're having a reality check, lets be serious here.... Your setup is par for this thread, not as bad as it gets but definately still booty-licious fabbing.

It's good to hear that you're coming to your senses and getting a normal suspension under your death-trap. :thumb:

#268 ·
That can happen, but usually if the part in question isn't tightened down. It will arc between the two parts. I've had to ground through a bolted occasionally, never had a problem if I made sure there was no paint between the two surfaces and everything was tight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.