Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

booty fab

222K views 761 replies 218 participants last post by  jhnyquest 
#1 · (Edited)
I love a good booty fab pic, post up any good ones you have

EDIT - UPDATED 1/28/08 with new Fail Scale

Booty Fab Fail-Scale (BFFS)

Thanks to VonDirt, we now have a scale to score fab work put in here. Keep in mind that a "high-score" here is not good, and the ultimate fail is a BF-5. Points are "awarded" for failing in the following criteria:

1. idea
2. design/engineering
3. fabrication/craftsmanship
4. finish
5. solution (does it work)

To clarify #1 and #2, idea relates to the overall concept and whether it's a good idea, or a bad one. An example would be building a wooden roll cage- bad idea. Design/engineering relates to how much thought was put into it, and how well the idea is executed. An example of this would be the mounting of the coilovers on the prerunner truck below. Good idea to run a linked rear suspension with coilovers, bad design/engineering to put the lower mounting pont at or above the centerline of the lower links.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
umm yea, I'm not good at welding, but if my welds even started to look that way i would have taken the grinder to it and have someone else do it lol

#18 ·
expensive cantlever set up hes got there. haha thats wonderfull. them folks honestly have no idea how to weld. i wouldnt even take it out of the garage or take pics if any of my shit looked like that. damn

#30 ·
Sometimes the shit that looks like ass out performs the shit people pay money to have a fab shop build...I think its a pretty creative approach and if it works for the owner then thats all that really matters

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.