Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

hemi in a 98 dodge

3K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  bigjay 
#1 ·
i like to no if anyone has done this. like to put in a 04, 05 hemi in my 98 1500 ram 4x4. what all do i need can i use the trans from the hemi or mine. is it just a bolt up or what. thanks:thumb:

#18 ·
At the time I worked at an aftermarket shop and I got everything at cost and alot of it I got special deals from the vendors because it was going on my truck and I told them it was going to help out with sales since it was going to be shown to customers (which it was and we did sell many of the products on it) At the time I didn't know much about building an engine and I still don't know much but one of the guys in the shop pretty much ordered everything for me and installed it too. Some of the things I had in it was a new cam, lifters, valves, intake, and he did something with my crankshaft and heads (not sure if they were replaced or if he just did some work on them or something I just know I didn't pay for it) I also had JET Performance build me a computer for it. The guys there were very helpful and were more than happy to work with me when they found out what I was doing with a brand new truck. I also had the guys at Southgate Transmission do some work on the transmission. At the time they didn't sell any kind of shift kits but when they were done with it shifted very hard, I chirpped the tires in 2nd every time when driving at normal speeds. I know that this couldn't be done normally on a $1000 but like I said I got some great deals and a ton of freebies. I also had a set of headers given to me and ran Thrush mufflers with hollowed out cats to make it look legal. Oh and the best part was this truck was a lease just like my TJ!:naughty: I left everything on it when I turned it in exept the intake and exhaust. The really cool thing that we put on it was a container that held VHT. We also hooked up a winshield wiper motor to it and ran some tubing that bent down right in front of the back tires. When I wanted instant traction I would squirt it out and heat up the tires. Worked out great!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.