Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

full time np203 from a ford to a chevy

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  RADRICK 
#1 ·
is it possible for a np 203 t-case from a ford bolt right up to a chevy? ( my 77 c-10's tcase is slipping the full time 4x4 isn't working, i found a used but working np203 but its off a ford. I have a 350 trans

#2 ·
It is possible for the t-case to be adapted but it would require a diffrent input shaft & an adapter [if anybody makes them?] The spline count and bolt pattern are diffrent. It would probally be cheaper to repair the one you have. If you can explain the problem better maybe someone here could help diagnose the problem. I've never heard of a 203 slipping. BTW you have a
K10, a C10 is 2WD.

#3 ·
reply to whats going on

it seems to be slipping, its a full time 4x4 but can't feel the difference when turning , so i dropped the plow on it and tried to push a few larger logs around my yard and it wouldny engage the back passenger tire just kept spinning, the front wouldn't engage. I just bought the truck a few weeks ago and need it for plowing and don't have time to spend ripping it apart and rebuilding it not to mention the lack of funds. I have been able to locate a few in junk yards but they want 225.00 and i'd hate to buy something that there isn't any way to check and see if it is in good working order. as for the existing problem, i'm not hearing any grinding or clinking noises so i don't think the chain is slipping, maybe broken but i'm not sure. I've never had to deal with any tcase problems before....<------noobie :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.