Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Mounds july 15th

2K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  TechJeeper 
#1 ·
Planning on going to the mounds this weekend, was wondering if anyone else will be up there? I have sidepipes with glasspacks on my CJ does anyone know if they will they give me a hard time about my CJ?

#4 ·
barry1me said:
Planning on going to the mounds this weekend, was wondering if anyone else will be up there? I have sidepipes with glasspacks on my CJ does anyone know if they will they give me a hard time about my CJ?
Maybe; Back in November, I saw them whip out what I think was a sound meter on some guys dirt bike and wouldn't let him in.

#5 ·
I see them check quads and bikes with after market pipes all the time. for Db. and Spark arrestors. saw them turn two guys away cause of it. let them in later once they had swapped out their pipes.. if they denie you cause of sounds that total BS cause the god mud guys are out there with open headers and zoomies all the time.

#12 ·
barry1me said:
is it really that far:mad: Do you know of any places around us to go wheel at?
Yea, it's just north of Flint. Unless you have a friend with private land to wheel on, the Mounds is the closest legal spot (to Carleton) in Michigan. Old Heiss Rd is blocked with a road closed sign, so ya can't get dirty there.

#13 ·
cornfed said:
Yea, it's just north of Flint. Unless you have a friend with private land to wheel on, the Mounds is the closest legal spot (to Carleton) in Michigan. Old Heiss Rd is blocked with a road closed sign, so ya can't get dirty there.

yeah sure enough 82 miles away..that sucks do you think they will give me a hard time on my sidepipes?

#17 ·
barry1me said:
have you been there this year like that? Mine are sidepipes so they stick out like a sore thumb
3 times. Mine aren't rediculously loud. just don't hammer it in the parking lot and they won't care.

#19 ·
Muddinguy said:
when u go tell em you're from somewhere in gensee county.. you'll get a few bucks off admission

Or you can actually pay what you supposed to pay so the park doesn't lose so much money and doesn't close

#20 ·
Bones said:
Or you can actually pay what you supposed to pay so the park doesn't lose so much money and doesn't close

yeah

#22 ·
Bones said:
Ouch! So true though. If one has to lie to save a couple of buck on admission, thats pretty low. Especially since lots of us enjoy the Mounds and don't want to see it closed.

#24 ·
Hey guys,

Matt here, the guy with the khaki (read as mud colored) TJ. Any of those videos make it up yet? Specifically, anything with the swamped ZJ. :sonicjay:

Did you guys go back in after I left, or did you guys break up from there...

#25 ·
Yep, we went back in, just to play a little around the scramble area... Did you know that TJs are NOT amphibious? Or that the 4.0 engine can make chocolate milk from oil and water? T'was a learning experience for us all... We ended up, after getting the Jeep back up and running, going to a coney in Mt. Morris for lunch...

So yeah, where are the pics and vids? Jeep's all muddy, and I've got everyone wondering how I did it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.