Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Mounds 11-19-11

9K views 97 replies 23 participants last post by  CheapThrillB2 
#1 ·
Most pics courtesy of KyleM.

Tonka Toy

See less See more
#92 ·
True. I've been stuck in that hole and I knew it was not a hole that he would have hydrolocked in, just been mushy.:thumb:

I WILL NEVER INTENTIONALLY DAMAGE SOMEONE ELSE'S RIG. EVER. Fun is fun but intentional damage is not part of the game.
I know that's not your style, but that looked close to a real UH OH!!! :eek:

He didn't have his top on :teehee:

#12 ·
Nice seeing all of you there . Myself , Mike,and Deb from Bundy Hill had a good time tooling around in the Nitro. It was their first time there ,Deb was impressed with Jims run in the woods course. We will all be back there together in June. Did Beefy get fixed and back out?

#23 ·
Tab saved my life in the woods, I was going to be gored by a tree, ok maybe it wasn't as bad as it looked but damn it felt bad.

#36 ·
For those that don't want to chase the link

Well being the first time to the Mounds, it was a great time!

Carnage report for me:
- 1 Broken passenger side reflective thingy
- Oil filter :giggle:

PICS:

Beefy on the Slab: http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/... Nov17 2011/?action=view&current=MOV01744.mp4

All my pics: http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/qq5/avisser6283/Mounds Nov17 2011/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ24

#29 ·
Yea pretty much what Tim said something weird going on with that upper link allowing a bunch of axle wrap in the front. Between that and breaking the trans mount again I don't blame the drive shaft for breaking. Just too much angle, the rear shaft was fine it looked bent because the entire drive line was moving about 4" side to side due to the trans mount issues. Looks like I have some work to do before SnoFari

Worst part of the day was my dad's rig tho. It broke getting on the trailer and we didn't even realize it drove all the way down there to find out he has no 4x4. :(

Oh and that slab... I didn't see any problems with it nice and easy :teehee:

#34 ·
That was as far as Beefy made it before hearing clunks in the front end and the upper link slop. Jim was the only one to run the woods course, and he did it twice. There was about 12-15 people the first run and about 20-30 the second run watching. There were cameras and video out but noone seems to want to post them.

It is refreshing that there is a local spot that is considered to be "too hard" for people to even try. There shouldn't be anyone bitching about everything around mid-michigan being too easy that's for sure.

#37 ·
I am hoping the pics of Jim on the course the first time will show up in the two trackers forum then I can repost them here. I didn't bring a camera so I only took a couple with my phone that I already posted. And most the CTOR guys got there late after Jim was done on the course so they missed out. I wanted to try it, but not to early in the day. Unfortunately we spent alot of time in the twisties and didn't have enough daylight to get back before close. Saved it for next time I guess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.