Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
159K views 1K replies 143 participants last post by  Ryanw10 
#1 · (Edited)

I bought my 99 Wrangler used, it already had a 3in BDS lift, Garvin Wilderness rack, 2 sets of rims and tires and all the stock parts.

First set of mods: Arb Bull bumper, Fake beadlocks w/ the ring painted white, Hella Rallye 4000 HIDs, Pioneer AVIC-N1 navigation system. York/Kilby OBA.

Second round of mods: Rubicon Express 4.5 Superflex lift kit, black hinges, black grill cover, Off Road Only Lightdots, Ipod, Cobra CB..

Future plans: Warn 9.5si MOSFET winch, w/ ORO Synthetic Line, BFG Mud Terrians 35's, 4.56 gears(or 33's with 4.10 gears) ARB locker installed in the rear 44, an Aussie Locker installed in the front. Off Road Onlys Swayloc and U-turn, Rokmen Cornor Guards, and Walker Evan Beadlocks.

See less See more
#705 ·
....................................................so......................................was.......................jan.................the........................last........................................time....................................you................................worked..........................on.........................................it..............?................!...........................!..................................!///////////////:poke::finger::sonicjay::fish::whiz::chauncy::(:bdr2::drink::beerbang::baa::sparks::confused:

#707 ·
I finally got some actual work done yesterday, I finally mocked up the front suspension and things are looking good. For the first time in a long time its sitting on its own weight. I still need to build a drag link, adjust the track bar and the shock tabs and cycle the suspension a few more times and I can finally burn everything in. As of right now im 23" to the bottom of the frame on 40's with out pressure in the coilovers or a body on it so it could be lower once its complete. Ill post pics later.

#719 ·
i just went out and took a look at it . not bad man now it just needs the tub on it and its ready to go

#722 ·
Everyone's setup will be different...But this is how mine worked out. What I had to do was set the shocks up for 4" of up vertical travel, then with both tires at full vertical bump make sure I had 3" to 3.5" of tire to body tub clearance. This was needed so when one side dropped out completely I would gain 3" more of up travel movement at the tire on the bump side. If you look at it mathematically for every inch that the one side dropped out I gained close to .17" of more shock up travel on the opposite side. Plus with the axle now sitting at a 16 degree angle with the one side dropped all the way out. This put the tire even closer to the body...

Hope this all makes since..:confused::confused:

#723 ·
I just put things where they fit lol!

Last night I changed a few things around, adjusted the track bar length and its axle mount, moved the coilover tabs around, cut down the 3rd link and set the caster and moved the upper link axle mount. Tonight im gonna take the springs off the coilovers and see how things move

#725 · (Edited)
I only saw your Jeep once, what's your point lol. I also think you wheeled it more then I have mine in that time period. However work is getting done so no raining on my parade

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.