Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

And this is explains it all......

5K views 36 replies 19 participants last post by  kickstand 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Good video. I have been trying to get back into riding shape since I have been down here. I am so lucky to be so close to such great mountains and trails, I need to take advantage of it. Unfortunately it has rained almost every day for the last month (and I broke a toe) that has kept me from riding or trail running. I am motivated to get back to where I can ride hard and have fun. This area is great!

#6 ·
mtbknryno I agree.

Yes, but not on that level...same trails, totally different speed :teehee:

Looks a lot like motocross. Only slower and for less time.
I'd put money on you being slower on a motobike on the trails we ride than we are on our bikes.

That said, yes, overall its slower than what a motobike can do.

Good video. I have been trying to get back into riding shape since I have been down here. I am so lucky to be so close to such great mountains and trails, I need to take advantage of it. Unfortunately it has rained almost every day for the last month (and I broke a toe) that has kept me from riding or trail running. I am motivated to get back to where I can ride hard and have fun. This area is great!
Yeah, you live in an awesome area now. You need to go ride at my buddy brad's house, he's in winston - salem and has AWESOME dirt jumps and pumptrack in his backyard, and knows all the good XC and DH spots in the area.

#19 ·
Neat video, but i would rather have a dirtbike...because one they are more fun, two they cost the same as those peddle bikes, three they are more useful as in I don't have to drive but an hour away from my house to use it, four chicks dig a dirtbike a hell of a lot more than a peddle bike, five a dirtbike needs no explanation to express its badassness it speaks for itself and the downhill peddle bikes require vast amounts of explanation to their badassness to layman, six did I say I only need to drive an hour away?

I also agree a dirtbike would be hard pressed to be as fast as the peddle bikes going down the peddle bike trail, in fact I'd say it would be impossible, however on a trail that can be run on a dirtbike, there is no way in hell a peddle bike would even be close.

#23 ·
I also agree a dirtbike would be hard pressed to be as fast as the peddle bikes going down the peddle bike trail, in fact I'd say it would be impossible, however on a trail that can be run on a dirtbike, there is no way in hell a peddle bike would even be close.
I've owned a dirtbike, anyone who would even claim a bike is nearly as fast as a dirtbike on a dirtbike trail would be a total skooterbuilt.

As for your list of reasons why a dirtbike is cooler. I wasn't comparing the two, though I prefer my DH bike to a dirtbike.

#37 ·
Rampage dudes are on a whole different level. I don't mind going fast over bumps, but I can't figure out why anyone would want to hurl themselves that far through the air.

Ok, maybe I get it a little bit.

My kid says he wants to be a redbull rampager, lucky for me he's afraid of the super steep hills still, and I'm hoping it stays that way for a while.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.