Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Mechanicanl work needed!!!!

2K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  JeepInABox 
#1 ·
I need oil pan gaskets replaced on both of my cars.

99 grand caravan 3.3
94 Intrepid 3.5 h/o

I will supply all parts just give me a price on labor.

#14 ·
Well I got a price a little lower than his and thought I would be nice and give him the opportunity to do it for that price. I also asked him if he would be interested in coming to my house to do the work so he could do both in just a few hours and make a nice days pay in a short amount of time. IIRC he was the guy who advertised to have the best prices and would travel to do the work. But he gave an attitude when I presented him the offer so no work for him...o well move on. Ill give my business to jeepinabox because he is quick to respond, professional and has a sense of humor.

All in all I guess I have a little sand in my vag because I didnt expect a response like that from someone your trying to help out.

#15 ·
no your just a cheap ass. seeing as how i have a normal fulltime job my travel time is worth something. when i wasn't working and had all the time in the world and also had money to spend on gas i wouldn't have a problem. but all the money i make on the side goes to bills since i'm broke after paying car insurance housing payment and utility bills this month.

#23 ·
I would say he was helping you out by even entertaining the thought of doing it at your house. You are a fool if you think $180 was too much for him to drive to your house and do both.

It was a $30 difference in your lowest quote and his. I would say it is worththe extra $30 for you to not have to leave your house and drive 2 cars in to get fixed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.