Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

E4OD Issues

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Nuggets 
#1 ·
I converted my trusty, rusty 1994 F350 diesel dually to four wheel drive and have developed problems with the 4x4 e4od I installed. When I first put it in, it shifted ok for a week or two then it decided it wanted to start in 3rd gear all the time. I can get it to start in 2nd and manually put it in third but that's about as good as it gets. It would occasionally shift normally when cold but it would revert to it's evil ways after a few minutes.

what I've done: checked all electrical connections and pins, checked for power and ground throughout the transmission control circuts, cleaned all the grounds just in case, Installed a know good PRNDL switch, and swapped computers.

Things you should know: The shifter no longer flashes that the tranny is pissed off but the 0/D light will go on and off if you press the button. Also, my tach pickup does not work below about 900 rpm but this never bothered the 2wd trans. I do have a new tach sensor coming.

So there you have it. Any quality information you could give would be greatly appreciated.

#5 ·
Those are all of the solenoid codes. You have a power/ground issue somewhere, bad wire, 95 up trans in a 94 (I think the solenoid pack changed in 95), or a bad solenoid pack. what year trans did you replace the 2wd one with?

I have seen the solenoid pack plugs go bad on those.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.