Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

So I'm thinking about a pistol

4K views 53 replies 24 participants last post by  crazygrady127 
#1 ·
wanna get something that can be used for home protection. Something my wife can shoot without having it hit her in the head. lol
I'm thinking a HI-Point .380, 9mm or the 40cal.
anyone know anything about these?
I know the Carbines I shot last summer were nice but a lot ugly.
http://www.hi-pointfirearms.com/handguns/hi_point_handguns.html

#7 ·
I believe the hi-point guns have a lifetime warranty on them
I was thinking about getting one myself

Edit..........
The Hi-Point of Service:
Damage, age, and plain old wear and tear—these things happen. When they do, Hi-Point customers enjoy a lifetime, no questions asked warranty. And lifetime means just that— free repairs for the life of the gun, whether you are the first owner, or the third. That service is fast, friendly and expertly performed. Your Hi-Point will be back in action, good as new, in no time.

#10 ·
I have the Hi-Point C-9.

It's cheap as hell, but I've put almost 500 rounds through it and never a jam or a problem. I got it used from a buddy for like $100.

Honestly, I would buy another... They're cheap and (in my experience) accurate and reliable.

#13 ·
My suggestion about buying a gun is that dont just buy one online without grabbing a hold of one, and seeing if you like how it feels. Maybe even find a friend that has a few and see if they'll let you fire them.

Another thing I suggest is that you and your wife sign up to take a Concealed Pistol Licensing class, even if you dont plan to carry. A good class will teach you everything you need to know and will put you on the range to get familiar with shooting. I was just at the Linden Sportsman's Club for theirs. Theirs was 55 dollars a person, and the teacher is VERY thorough. He makes sure you know what you're getting into by owning/carrying a pistol and what kind of things you might go through by defending yourself if you ever have to.

#14 ·
I am very affluent with the handeling of guns, just wanted to know if anyone has one of these.

#17 ·
only poor ******* use hi points. get a real gun. glock, any Springfield, colt, beretta, etc. if your ass is only worth 149.99 to you, you deserve a hi point.

#27 ·
steveo only poor ******* use hi points. get a real gun. glock, any Springfield, colt, beretta, etc. if your ass is only worth 149.99 to you, you deserve a hi point.

x2 Dude, hi point sucks donkey. Ive had a few hand guns for carry and home protection. Glocks are great you can practice (very important) all day and have little fatigue about 500.00. I also have a para ordinance .45 very well made but expensive. If you want cheap 200.00 range get a taurus millinium my dad has one 9mm. he loves it but is a cheap gun. 200 rounds and your hand will be fatigued. If your gonna get a 9mm you may as well get a 40 cal. same kick and just as loud as a 9mm but bigger hole in the chest .02
I have gone through i shit ton of reviews, some by professionals and some by consumers, and i seen 2 people that said they jammed on them, other then that they had great reviews. They are ugly and heavy, but sound like damn good guns, where are you guys getting your info?

#19 ·
#20 · (Edited)
steveo only poor ******* use hi points. get a real gun. glock, any Springfield, colt, beretta, etc. if your ass is only worth 149.99 to you, you deserve a hi point.

x2 Dude, hi point sucks donkey. Ive had a few hand guns for carry and home protection. Glocks are great you can practice (very important) all day and have little fatigue about 500.00. I also have a para ordinance .45 very well made but expensive. If you want cheap 200.00 range get a taurus millinium my dad has one 9mm. he loves it but is a cheap gun. 200 rounds and your hand will be fatigued. If your gonna get a 9mm you may as well get a 40 cal. same kick and just as loud as a 9mm but bigger hole in the chest .02

#25 ·

x2 Dude, hi point sucks donkey. Ive had a few hand guns for carry and home protection. Glocks are great you can practice (very important) all day and have little fatigue about 500.00. I also have a para ordinance .45 very well made but expensive. If you want cheap 200.00 range get a taurus millinium my dad has one 9mm. he loves it but is a cheap gun. 200 rounds and your hand will be fatigued. .02
Looking at Taurus's website msrp on their millennium guns are all over $400, where can you get them for $200?

#23 ·
Steveo I will buy this, you enter my house and we will see how well it works.:thumb:
point is I really don't want to spend 700 dollars on a gun right now. Not really made of money. I have read up on these and have not really heard anything bad about them. Just wondering if there was any "real world" experience with them. But then some people on here don't leave there house and just sit on the net all day and bash people. :fish:

#31 ·
I picked up a used sig P-232 in stainless (.380 cal) a few years ago for $350.00... I put a houge grip on it and gave it to my wife at the time for christmas... she still loves it and carries it everyday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.