Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

92 Aerostar Going to scrap Delete please.

3K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  SS 
#1 · (Edited)
TRades welcome , 30-06 , 35mm Marlin/ Rem. Lap top. PC. Flat screen , Quad , Jeep, ???????/

I Bought this from a guy on here and got smooshled a bit. Being a trusting guy I did th deal. While driving home with it ,it was running rough. I looked into the prob. and found EVERY plug wire was on wrong and the timing was changed enough to make it run. I fixed that but it still has a on and off miss. I believe it has a sticky injector due to driving it 200+ miles with the wires wrong and not firing right. I ran some sea foam threw it and it helped . A shop told me they think it could be the Cad.converter also clogged if they were driving it around like this longer than I know of. This sounds like a possible chain of links to the miss. I drive it a few times a week and it goes well just a slight miss. Dont need the van and could be a great clean car for someone needy. Here is my CL-Post

This is the post I responded too.
Clean 92 Aerostar for sale or trade - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

#7 ·
I was 100% honest in my disclosure of selling this. We owned it for years and never had any major problems with it.

As far as the plugs being wrong and timing being off, if that was the case it was from my cousin who did a tune up on it just before I started driving it. I hadn't been under the hood of that thing since probably 2004 when we got it from my aunt the original owner. It never ran rough, or gave me any problems in the month plus time of me driving after the work was done before we did a deal.

If it makes you feel any better the expedition is sitting in the backyard broken down again for the 3rd time this month.

#15 · (Edited)
Not that I feel I even need to defend myself here, I'll put my 2 cents in since it's gone this far already

I can't even confirm the issues you speak of were at all my fault or if it happened after the fact. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt because you did seem like honest guy, and the fact that I did just have a tune up done a few months prior so I do see how that could've happened.

But I do however have a hard time believing you knew "you've been had" 2 miles down the road, when I drove it the way it was for almost 2 months back and forth to work, and over a 150 miles at 70 mph to meet you with out any issues.

I dunno what happened after I handed you the keys but to that point I knew it is a rock solid reliable van, it was in my family since brand new and I was only the 3rd person who drove it on a regular basis. My dad gave me this van when he got a new car, I really had no reason to get rid of it other then the simple fact I'm not much of a van guy. I do know when we called 2 days later to notify you that we sent out the title and you be receiving it in a day or two that there were no issues spoken of then and you seemed to be happy with the car.

As far as the expedition being advertised as 100% I can't say I agree with that either... Windows rolling down anytime the thing gets wet, a bad coil pack, the fact I drove home with no break lights not knowing it. (That problem shifting into gear, was a broken wire on the brake pedal). The "slight donut exhaust leak" that was actually a crack on the manifold that someone slapped some popcorn welds on and even left about foot of flux tacked to it sticking out into the wheel well, or no mention of driver seat that looks like a pit bull had its way with. Or the slight rust on the rockers was actually all the way into the driver floor board with a 1" hole that is visible right through the carpet once you lift the floor mat. I could keep going... But I won't.

This was probably my 14th or 15th trade deal I've done in the past 10 years. Sometimes I gave away better cars then what I got, sometimes it went my way, but it never did in a dishonest way.

I took on a vehicle that had double the miles of the one I gave simply because I didn't want a van, nothing more, nothing less. I expected there to be issues, not as many as what I got but it's not the first time ive inherited more problems then what was advertised. Probably won't be the last as long as I continue trading, that's part of the risk of trading pink for pink.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.