Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

97 S-10 "Haulinn"

5K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  Fraser 
#1 · (Edited)
Introducing Project:
Haulinn

I have a 1997 chevy S-10 2wd std Cab short bed that i got for my 16th birthday, ive been wrenching on it ever since then, and i will never stop. This truck is my daily driver and I will probably have it forever. This is not going to be another riced out S-10, those are so dumb and give S-10s a bad name IMO.

:blah::blah::blah:, you can rip on my streeter S-10 all you want but i do also own a jeep so no worries, i figured this is my "street rig build up" so ill post it.

ok, some info

-1997 S-10, std cab, short bed, emerald green
-60,000 miles on
-2.2L 4 cyclinder, Auto trans

when i got it, it was bone stock and this is what i have done to it so far (i dont have pics of every single stage so bare with me).

MODIFICATIONS

INTERIOR
-2 alpine type R component speakers (bass component in door, tweeter component in dash)
-Alpine head unit with USB hook up
-JL Audio 10" shallow mount W3V2
-400Watt Massive Audio amp, hooked up to speakers and sub
-All Interior lights replaced with LEDs courtesy of BooGTS and his LED Lights

EXTERIOR

-Ground Force 3" lowering kit
-American Racing Torq-Thrust 17" chrome wheels
-BFGoodrich KDWS tires
-HID 6000watt headlight kit also courtesy of BooGTS and his HID Lights
-Rhino lined bed
-All Lights on Exterior replaced with LEDs again courtesy of BooGTS and his LED Lights

Everything was fine and dandy until one night i parked in the road in front of my girlfriends house when some D-bag cranked the side of my truck and ran, needless to say i have PLPD insurance and i must repair myself.

Here are some pics i have, i will also post some of when its all cleaned up in the summer because the wheels shine like none other and the truck is beautiful:

FUTURE MODIFICATIONS

INTERIOR

-JL Audio TW-5 12" shallow mount subwoofer
-JL Audio 1000/1 V2 Amp
-White Gauge Lights courtesy of BooGTS and his LED Lights

-Power Windows and Locks

EXTERIOR

-Rollpan rear bumper
-More LED light work
-5.7L 350 V8
-700R4 trans
-new paint

I Will keep you guys posted with more pics and what i have done to the never ending project!! :thumb:

See less See more
#10 ·
Same thing happened to me a few years ago. Wind blew the door open past the stops and tweaked the hinges. I still have to get the door off and fix one of the hinges, but I'm in no hurry.

And a tip for your stereo, use a radio delete panel you can get from the dealer fairly cheap. It sets the radio recessed a fuzz but you may have to trim the dash support behind the deck for clearance. I got 3 of them years ago for doing this and works great and looks better than having the deck poking out a inch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.