Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

ford ranger SAS

23K views 149 replies 29 participants last post by  rangerluc 
#1 ·
figure i would start an official build thread.
ok so im using a d44 out of a 71 bronco, its completley re-built from hub to hub with cromolly 31 splie shafts and an aussie locker. im using my 8.8 for the rear and thats got a lock right locker in it. running 36/12.5/15 super swamper tsl radials. i got 5" lift springs from marlin crawler and i am using chevy 63" rear leafs. i got a toyota steering box and my shaft is from an early toyota pickup, just had to lengthen it and it works perfectly. and im waiting on my new pitman arm that is just a tit flatter and wont have that joint in it because im using hiems. high steer on the pass. side, and once i get the money i will buy ram assist. on to the pics, this is how she is sitting right now. the front is all done except for tie rod and drag link. then i will start the rear this coming sunday. let me know what you think. sorry for the crappy quality of the pics, there off my camera phone.
p.s. John (mr crawl) is the one helping me with my build. hes a great guy!

See less See more
#11 ·
its kinda dark out so i only took a couple of pics, i can get some more tomorrow and i can get more pics of the fabricating and such. and i just got done with the herculiner about an hour ago. and my new tails came into the mail today as well, in the pics theres only one screw holding on each light. tell me what u think!!!

#25 ·
thanks! wish i woulda done coils like you, but its a start
Looks good but, what I think ckupq is seeing is the bracket between the tire and the leaf spring. The bracket looks like you will have very limited turning as in it will hit the leaf before you get your full steer.
yes it does look like that, but we maxed out the turning radius and then welded that bracket on. that way we made sure i wasnt going to hit it at full steer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.