Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
5M views 67K replies 500 participants last post by  jeepfreak81 
#1 · (Edited)
My cat might be kinda old, But I would bet he can kick most other cats ass.

Update: September 2014
The cat that started this thread is not longer with us.
R.I.P. "The Michael"

#11,049 ·
I'm the type to read until I'm done...not a good way to put myself to sleep.

Already went for a 2.5ish mile run that didn't help....I've been up about 24 hrs and I'm wired as hell, I don't drink caffiene so idk what my deal is!
Running is the worst thing you can do to put you to sleep. That and walking has the opposite effect. It speeds your metabolism. Great for getting going in the morning though. ;-)

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

#11,053 ·
I feel hung over when I take that stuff. I take Trazadone (sp?) to counteract the effects of my regular meds. I like the stuff but I better be near a horizontal surface when the stuff kicks in.
Benadryl does the same thing to me. Makes you feel like death the following morning unless you supercharge yourself with caffeine.

I tried both Ambien and Trazadone and both plunged me into a horrible realm of extreme depression that I almost didn't make it out of. Luckily I realized what was going on and told my doctor and quit taking it. All of those feelings and thoughts vanished over the next couple of days. It was a major wake up call to me about how dangerous brain altering medications are. It's absolutely insane how many people take that crap.

Still battle with insomnia though. I usually just lay down and read until my brain shuts down but when that doesn't work I just chug two beers and that usually puts me to sleep pretty quickly.

#11,054 ·
Benadryl does the same thing to me. Makes you feel like death the following morning unless you supercharge yourself with caffeine.

I tried both Ambien and Trazadone and both plunged me into a horrible realm of extreme depression that I almost didn't make it out of. Luckily I realized what was going on and told my doctor and quit taking it. All of those feelings and thoughts vanished over the next couple of days. It was a major wake up call to me about how dangerous brain altering medications are. It's absolutely insane how many people take that crap.

Still battle with insomnia though. I usually just lay down and read until my brain shuts down but when that doesn't work I just chug two beers and that usually puts me to sleep pretty quickly.
Sounds like the bestest way ever to guilt trip the wife into a nightly bj'er. "I protected your freedoms and now I can't sleep"

#11,059 ·

Fuck ambien. My wife almost burned down the house while on that stuff. Took the top off one of the burners on the stove and had a 3 foot flame, cooking a hot dog on a stick. I woke up when I heard her talking to people who weren't there. Did you know a 3 foot gas flame will not set off a smoke detector?

#11,060 ·
Fuck ambien. My wife almost burned down the house while on that stuff. Took the top off one of the burners on the stove and had a 3 foot flame, cooking a hot dog on a stick. I woke up when I heard her talking to people who weren't there. Did you know a 3 foot gas flame will not set off a smoke detector?
Sweet Jesus.

Now we all know why they say on the commercial "It is BELIEVED to work like this blah blah blah" when it comes to these kinds of drugs.

They don't actually know how they work or exactly what they're doing. Only guessing. Thanks to that kind of research BlooMule's wife decided to have a gas bonfire in the kitchen to roast hot dogs.