Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

***** SnoFari 2013 - The Sofficial Thread*****

153K views 2K replies 141 participants last post by  GMKLR50 
#1 · (Edited)

For those who can't view image at work the dates are January 25th-27th, 2013

Replying to this thread does not guarantee you a spot at SnoFari. You must send in your registration postmarked no sooner than November 1st, 2012

If you have never heard of SnoFari before, here is some information;

SnoFari is a family oriented Winter trail-ride that takes place on state land in and around the West Branch, Mi area. It is open to all makes and models of licensed four-wheel drive vehicles. We host a banquet dinner on Saturday night and give away TONS of awesome prizes during the raffle. The event is sanctioned by the Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association.

Click the big red letters
2013 SnoFari Registration Form

See less See more
#1,158 · (Edited)
Today, I finished cutting down all my mag inserts (which proved to be a complete pain in the ass) and I finished up paint. I began mounting the tires on the rims...

I then went to bolt the second one on the jeep and found that the bolt pattern wouldn't fit my JK. I checked the first two when they arrived, and didn't think to check the rest as they all should have been the same. I guess not. I checked them all now, and it's only the one that is wrong, but it still is a major kick in the dick. Now I need an entire replacement rim along with another new center. I'm also still waiting on my 5th tire. I had it ordered, but called to check the status of it today and now I was told it was on backorder even though it was supposed to be in stock when I ordered it. WTF?

Edit: Quick note about the vendor. I sent an email to the vendor about two minutes prior to me making this post. Within about 5 minutes, my phone was ringing. It's not every day a vendor calls you at 8pm to fix and issue. Obviously he was going to replace the center, but he even offered to send me a new rim too no charge! He said both the rim and the center will be shipped first thing in the morning.

Moral of the story, two thumbs up to C&M Performance!

#1,159 ·
That setup is gonna be badass JR, looks great. I did some hardcore wheeling tonight. Drove jeep from the shop to house garage. New steering pump is ready to be picked up in town. Swap that out this weekend (hopefully pulley comes off fairly easily). Then replace starter and should be ready to roll!

#1,163 ·
I ordered a pretty kick ass Rigid led light bar from Dale of www.ironmanoffroad.com

I can't wait to get them mounted and wired for the night run. :d:
White or yellow beam? I'd like to see a yellow set in person before I drop that kind of coin.

#1,171 ·
To me, for a trail rig, super bright lights don't do much. Unless you are leading trail, they are useless. If you are leading trail, I agree with OZ, you aren't going fast enough to need them. The only place I've seen them be necessary is places like out west where you can run pretty durn fast.

I have a set of KC highlights that are rarely ever turned on. I'm a long way from dropping a lot of coin for LED's.

#1,175 ·
I thought I was gonna put a new steering box in today but none of the local stores can even order one for me.
Dealer wants $850 for theirs so PSC it is. At least I will be half-way there when it's time for hydro-assist.
I was really hoping to get the jeep ready to roll since I go back on overtime for the next couple weeks.

#1,178 ·
Took a trip up to r&v today... Had a great time but now I have to fix my heep before snofari.

Fuel pump died, and had a heck of a time getting it off the trail... smucked up the kcs, trashed a fender and due to some unfortunately placed rock managed to tear off the grease zert, cracking the cap on a ujoint all while getting towed out. The trails were slick :)

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

#1,190 ·
Just grooved two of my tires tonight here at work during my lunchbreak:nana:

If I can get time tomorrow night, I'll be doing the other two... Need to get my CB wired in and crawl under the G.D. thing and get the twin-stick shifters made...:(

And it all has to be done before Beefy comes over to pick the little POS up...

Stupid work keeps getting in the way!!!:fish:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.