Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

98 TJ Build....Updated 4/16/10

111K views 732 replies 90 participants last post by  benny87 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok guys, I was going to wait for little bit before I start to post it up, but a buddy convinced me to do so.. My project was starting as a 98 TJ from my previous builds have ended my JP to 6in long arm and ARBs front and rear with 4.88 gears and an NV4500 trans. Now its onto one tons and arounf 40s depending on what tire I buy.

Build Specs:
Poly mounts, front 3 link and rear 4 link
79 fornt HP 60, 5.38, 35 spline inner and outters
GM 14 bolt 5.38 gears
2.5" x 14" SAW air shocks
fuel cell

Ill take some more pics after this weekend when i get the frame all cleared off and so on.

Ben

The Jeeps resting place for the build.

Front axle out

The only bling I have for right now.

And the old tires are for sale so go see them in the sale section.

See less See more
#7 ·
nice build should turn out sweet. get on those 5.38 for the 14 bolt. they have been hard to get.

#9 ·
Yea there sway aways, and I think it should turn out sweet when I get done.. Just the getting done part.. I ordered some more parts so hopefully i can get the rear mocked and done in the next few weeks.

Here are some updates pictures from today. Got all the suspension and t-case off to the new owner which Im sure he'll be happy with.

#14 ·
SO for updates:
1. Ordered the rest of the suspension components. (1.25 stud JJ, poly frame mounts, tube)
2. body protection ( sniper fab front fenders, comp corners)
3. My brother got me a sweet deal for tires out in CO from 4wheel parts.
39.5x13.50R17 Bias Iroks for $251 each shipped to my house. So they are on the way.

So when all the parts get her I'll take some pictures..

Ben

#17 ·
Updates 7-19

OK steel came in at work and the guys cut it for me.
Tires came in but they sent the wrong rim size sooo new ones are on the way thanks so Marc at 4wheelparts. I am still waiting on sniper fabs comp corners and fenders and my JJ from Unlimited but those should be here by Weds I think.
Heres some more pics. Enjoy

Tube:
2"x.250 Lowers
1.75"x.120 Uppers
1.375"x.188 Tracbar

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.