Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Kerosene price

1K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  BlzrNick 
#1 · (Edited)
What is the price of Kerosene around you and where is the cheapest place to get it?

I found $3.69 at a Sunoco in Howell (gr river) and $3.29 at a local ghetto station in the D where I'm sure to get asked for $ by guys they let out from halfway houses.

#3 ·
Stupid question, but when you buy it at the gas station, is it a lower quality than the K1 you buy in the store? I ran out of K1 and need to refill, just wondering if I will start getting fumes from my heater with the gas station kerosene.

#9 ·
My bad, I can't remember numbers for shit...that's why I write it down. I was off by a dollar.

Just fyi, do not go to the Sunoco at Mason/D19. They are 2.999

They never change the price.
I went there on the way home but I don't have my notes, so I don't remember, but one of that was 3.99. Speedway had the cheapest in Howell at 3.39.

#11 ·
Closest place that sells it through a pump closest to me is almost 20 miles away, I've been burning #1 diesel in my torpedo heater. I can now get my garage up over 60 degrees. Not sure if its a change in fuel or what, but I will stick with diesel for now. Doesn't smell as bad as the kerosene did in the torpedo, I've got a fan up in the rafters circulating the heat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.