Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

TREC racer 359

33K views 385 replies 41 participants last post by  Lousypirate 
#1 · (Edited)
I needed something better on my back than the jeep, and might try a little TREC racing, so i found a built rhino to see if it works lol. I bought it in California threw lots of emails pics vids and background checks and ended up with a sweet ride for a sweet price.
enough talk time for the list of goodies and pics
cage
Bed delete
twisted stich seats
5 points
Roof
hid lights
bead locks
+6 long arms
Fox shocks
hd tre's
aftermarket steer box
And more i cant think of....
took it out back this AM and suprised my self how easy my course was...jeeps on 33sa have a hard time back there

See less See more
#82 ·
there are cheaper. They suck ass. I bought rugged for the next project

#84 ·
#90 ·
i will see what inercomm mike bought at KOH, i think it was the 350 dollar model. long story short we had been having communications issues for the past year. had a rugged intercom and a yaeso radio. in texas rugged loaned us a radio and "tuned it" comms still sucked and didnt help at all. Mike bought new pioneer radios(1500 a piece) and rugged once again tuned them but could not get them to work with there intercom. spent 3 days trying to get there garbage jumper cables and intercom going. finally walked over to PCI installed there intercom. All the in car problems went away. they went to tune the radio antenna that rugged stated they already did and the radio was only putting out 25 watts. after PCI tuned it it was at 130 watts.

You pay for what you get.

that being said i have a terra trip intercom and yaeso radio less then 450 total into the system and it works good enough for trec racing. would i buy it again probably not. what really sucks about the terra trip is they use a different helmet kit then every other manufacture on the market so mine and my brother helmets and have two sets of speakers and mic's in them so we can ride in other vehicles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.