Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Finally another project to let sit in the garage!!

5K views 32 replies 8 participants last post by  Muddyfun73 
#1 ·
Well the wife finally said her Tracker is done as a daily driver. It's a 96 4 dr. I'm looking to run 30's and a mild body lift to clear the tires, and possibly a alockrite for the the rear. What other issue's will I need to address? I'm looking at getting the steering brace and idler arm brace from Calmini. What else should I look forward to? Also what is the lug pattern on these?

#2 ·
LOL

the lug pattern is the same as your CJ, I just put 30x9.5 goodyear GSA'a on my tracker. I put a 2" BB (coil spacers) and it rubs a little, I think I will add the 2" body lift next and see if there's any rubbing after that. if there is I'll do some trimming.

#5 ·
Cool I already have rims then!! Course I already have a set of Roy's old 31's. But I had talked to Jim Mazzola and he said 31's would be sluggish with the stock gearing. And I had planned on running them on the CJ.

#11 · (Edited)
i used shopping cart wheels on the front of mine and casters on the rear. you can go with calmini for like 700 for a 3 inch lift or a 2.5 inch using tj coil spacers, crown vic rear shocks and strut flip. for $75 for spacers. 26 for shocks and 25 for camber bolts for front. so you will have about 126 wraped up in the 2.5 lift. even though calmini is a nice product but i cannot bring my self to putting a 700 lift on a 200 tracker. also for something in between check out boondox. i have seen all in action and all r nice. bondox had alot of flex i thought. but do not have new control arms.

#12 ·
I know everyone says to use the crown vic shocks, but I had a set of stock TJ fronts that had almost no miles on them, they worked great on the rear.
I imagine the cronw vic may give more travel, but the TJ's didn't seem to limit the travel very much at all,a nd definatley longer then the stock tracker ones.

and they where free :sonicjay:

I have a few set laying around still...

#14 ·
Actually have it sitting on 31's right now, have to do the rear brakes, shoes rusted over the winter and are grinding pretty good. Hopefully the drums are still good, priced new ones and they're around $60 a side. Might be switching to disks if I need to replace them. i have no lift on it and the tires will rub if I'm on anything but pavement. But they don't seem to hit anything in the front suspension. Might just do a spacer or body lift and see how it handles off road.

#16 ·
Well just have the fronts on right now, the ass end is up on jacks so I can change out the brake shoes, but I can get a pic of the front. I have had the rear tires on and they had more clearance than the front does. I'll try to get a pic in the morning.

#25 ·
Yeah I thought so to for stock supension and all. The wife hates the tires cuz they rub at full lock on the bumper skirt(Until I trim it all back a good 2 inches!!). But it's my toy now!! LOL I've got some coil spring spacers I'm going to put ontheat should give me all the clearance I'll need.

#31 ·
I doubt it, between work, going back to shool, watching my daughter during the day and no money I might have it running and on the road with no lift. I've got 31's stuffed under it now. Have a set of Toyota axles I've been trying to get my hands on. Might go with a SAS leaf sprung front and rear with yj springs. Might keep the rear as is and get some bigger springs, all depends on how much the front ends up with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.