Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Lets See Your Tow Rig

391K views 1K replies 419 participants last post by  SHARPMACHINE 
#1 · (Edited)

2001 Super Duty 7.3 My DD and Toy Hauler 135,000 mi.

See less See more
#265 · (Edited)

91 V3500 3+3 aka "Six Pack"

Adopted from the Kirtland New Mexico AFB in 04 with ~ 25k

350, 4l80e, 4:11 60 & 14 bolt, 205, 3 1/2" Superlift, Cowl Induction hood, 285 BFG's

Interior updated with trim, frt seats, pwr windows & locks from a Starcraft edition Suburban

#267 · (Edited)
Depends on my mood which one I pick.

Attachments

#271 ·
:sonicjay: Tank the Rot was running around chasing the plastic fish my son was fishing with.

your truck needs a leveling kit up front. Nice FURD!
Yea, I was thinking about going down to street tires, to save on gas. Those buckshots ride like poopy. Got a hell of a deal on the 06. 14K :thumb:

#276 · (Edited)
I'm feeling inadequate with my 1999 Chevy Tahoe 4x4 with 167,000 miles on it. It's gotta leaky rear main but it's slow enough not to worry about too much. I've added Monroe Sensetrack shocks with coil helpers to the rear that helped ass sag quite a bit and do not change the DD ride. It also has load range E Pirelli's on it. It actually pulls really well, I've got no complaint other than brakes which could easily be fixed if I just redid the brakes on the trailer. Until I have the money to do that, I'm getting the rotors turned or replaced every 2 trips or so when I've towed a heavy load (Jeep on Trailer).

On the upside, it's all paid for!!!

#280 ·
Here is my new tow rig...traded in the F-250 and old F-150 towards this one.

2010 F-150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4, Platinum White with the 5.4 liter.

So far, I love it. Huge improvement over the old trucks, the interior is more like a luxury car than a pickup and the ride is SO much better than the two that I traded in...one being lifted, and the other being lowered really killed the ride of them.

It has a built in brake controller, and 320hp...so it should tow just as good or better than the old F-250 did. So far it is basically stock other than a magnaflow catback exhaust, but I have only had it for 3 weeks. Soon to come is a 2" leveling kit, programmer, 33" Toyo MT's with some new wheels, window tint and a bedrug with a tonneau cover. Some time down the road I want to get a supercharger, but nobody other than procharger has a kit on the market for the 09-10 trucks, so I'm going to wait for a twin screw or roots blower to hit the market.

#284 ·
Well here's my new rig: '01 Cummins 2500 with a 3" lift with 35" Procomps on Procomp rims, 175hp injectors, Edge Comp box, FASS 150 pump, triple disc converter, Banks High Ram intake elbow, 4" intake, 5" MBRP straight pipe with a 6" tip, triple gauge pillar (egt, boost, trans temp.)