Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Lets See Your Tow Rig

391K views 1K replies 419 participants last post by  SHARPMACHINE 
#1 · (Edited)

2001 Super Duty 7.3 My DD and Toy Hauler 135,000 mi.

See less See more
#436 ·
Fixed it. 24v's are not as much fun and dont get as good of fuel mileage.
you obviously dont know your cummins! :poke: or are you saying this just because you have a 12V? you can build tons of power mechanically with the 24V's just like the 12's but you also have the added option of electronically as well. and as for fuel econ....you can get great numbers with a 24V, but if your building power, your not going to get the greatest MPG's no matter what your doing it on.

#437 ·
you obviously dont know your cummins! :poke: or are you saying this just because you have a 12V? you can build tons of power mechanically with the 24V's just like the 12's but you also have the added option of electronically as well. and as for fuel econ....you can get great numbers with a 24V, but if your building power, your not going to get the greatest MPG's no matter what your doing it on.
Yup and any monkey can plug in a chip and make some smoke. I know its takes some work but the 12v is a way better motor.

Best Car & Motorcycle Insurance | Auto/Moto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

#441 ·
You can argue with me all you want. It means nothing to me.
you just crack me up is all.....you wont concede that there could be something out there better than a 12v because you own one......

one way to look at is this.....there is nothing different between the block of a 1960's 350, and a 2010 corvette 350 block.....what IS different is the intake, fuel delivery, etc...etc...etc....

well by the way you make it sound, the 60's motor would be the better choice, when the newer motor is not only better on fuel (because of enhacements) it makes more power, lasts longer and is more efficient in every way.

another way to look at it is evolution.....without it, you would still be hunched over and beating your woman with a club all happy about fire....instead you get to be on here arguing with me :finger:

#449 ·
I pull 18mpg consistently towing my jeep at 70mph. 24mpg unloaded on the highway. 15 around town ( more idle time that driving most of the time).

Now the only reason you are arguing is cause you have a 24v and i have a 12v. Im never gonna admit anything you say is right. Reason 1 is you like thornbirds, Reason 2 you told be your dads Super Duty did not have a trac bar. It is what it is.

Best Car & Motorcycle Insurance | Auto/Moto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

#454 ·
I pull 18mpg consistently towing my jeep at 70mph. 24mpg unloaded on the highway. 15 around town ( more idle time that driving most of the time).

Now the only reason you are arguing is cause you have a 24v and i have a 12v. Im never gonna admit anything you say is right. Reason 1 is you like thornbirds, Reason 2 you told be your dads Super Duty did not have a trac bar. It is what it is.
Ok and the only reason you are arguing with me is because I have a 24v and you have a 12 v.

Now in response to your other reasons.....Reason 1) yes I like thornbirds, I get everywhere I need to with 33" thornbirds.....I dont feel the need to over compensate for my small penis with huge ass tires/rims, 5 foot of lift or even a 460 that cost me $5000 to build and I still couldnt keep it running :teehee::finger:
Reason 2) I ate my words on the track bar issue and admitted you were right....does that happen so in frequently at your house that you have to bring up the times your are, even if it was from 4 years ago?

Now, you got me on towing (even though my fully loaded 5th wheel weighs 2-3 times as much as your jeep).....I get about 14 towing at 70....empty we are the same, but bombing around town with lots of idling I pull around 18-20.

We can continue to argue this till the end of time, but the truth is you are a politicians son and you will never admit when you are wrong.

lets just agree to disagree :thumb: