Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

God...mother f-in....sonofa....Ram Tuneup

3K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  guest 
#1 ·
Holy WTF were they thinking when they jammed the distributer so far up the 360's ass that you can't even see it.

Ok, gotta get more coffee and then go back out to the garage. Had to vent a little and this is my first post as a Dodge Ram owner so :stan3: on replacing the damn cap and rotor.

Thought I had everything I needed, but looking at the PCV breather, it's in need of replacement too. Gotta nab that in the morning. PCV valve is good, but the breather is junkafied.

#4 ·
It ended up not being too bad...but you can't do the pull the cap and hang it to the side while you swap the wires one at a time to the new cap. You have to pull everything out and then put one wire in at a time.

Have a fireing order diagram handy. I have a laptop out in the garage so it was no big deal.

You have to pull the air cleaner housing also.

On that note...who the fuck designed a air filter housing that you have to remove to check the filter?

Oh, and the PO of this Ram must not have ever heard of anti-sieze because I thought I was going to bust the fucking plugs off. Had to crack them loose with a 1/2 inch breaker bar.

#10 ·
You're firing order is right on the front of the intake under your knees when you're up in there :tonka: I just did the tune up on my 5.9 ZJ.......60 miles later the new rotor decided it didn't like being in one piece :( 15 miles from the nearest fucking parts store........easy fix but very very annoying at the same time......bonus was ....after AZ replaced the parts they gave me a $25 gift card too......so they get to keep my business :thumb:

Oh, and the PO of this Ram must not have ever heard of anti-sieze because I thought I was going to bust the fucking plugs off. Had to crack them loose with a 1/2 inch breaker bar.
I took the skin off of several knuckles even with gloves on...I know how you feel :sonicjay:

:baa:

#5 ·
welcome to the world of dodge. ive gotten use to it. btw the fireing order is on the intake man just behind the a/c most caps have the #1 position marked on them so i just use that. no probelms so far. that and i just lay down on the engine.

#19 ·
talk about gorilla arms. i had to go get a friend who is smaller than me to get the bolts out to put in a new thermostat in the 4.0 liter in my zj, and we still had to take the fan belt off. next time i am going to sawzall the little slotted piece that stick out off the fan shroud, and if your dumb enough to stick your hand in there, you deserve the scars.

#15 ·
:tonka: I took my intake off to pull my distributor and let the machine shop pull the plugs when I took my heads in, I guess I am just the big fat cheater :naughty: though it took me 3 days to get my EGR feed tube hooked up w/o a leak...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.