Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

miller millermatic 180 welder with cart for 395.84 from grainger brand new

5K views 36 replies 18 participants last post by  Haggar 
#1 ·
Click here miller millermatic 180 welder with cart for 395.84 from grainger brand new
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/...lder-1TKC5

Grainger Item # 1TKC5
Price (ea.) $395.84
Brand MILLER
Mfr. Model # 951374
Ship Qty. 1
Sell Qty. (Will-Call) 1
Ship Weight (lbs.) 113.0
Usually Ships** From mfr. w/in 5 bus. days
Catalog Page No. 3563
Country of Origin
(Country of Origin is subject to change.) USA

#2 ·
that is a smoking deal!! almost too good to be true.

#4 ·
Does it come with the gun? Not in the picture and says comes with regulator and cart.

I can probably get it cheaper yet with my work discount. Hmmm, what to do. What to do.

#7 · (Edited)
I checked the part number on the miller web site and it says the only thing required is:

"Additional items may be required for welding, such as shielding gas, consumables, and safety equipment."

The pictre shows the gun and everything

Under "Additional Information" tab:

"Auto-Set™ feature allows for quick and easy set-up. Spatter-free start with tip saver and trigger reset. Include regulator, 10-ft. MIG gun, and hose cart."

The optional gun shown with the welder for $267 is for doing aluminum welding where you are using a softer wire. The softer wire does not feed correct if at all via the internal feeder.

The 140 is 115 V for $332. Also a great deal!!

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/MILLER-MIG-Welder-1TKC4?Pid=search

#25 · (Edited)
After seeing my order was missing from my Grainger account,
I called Grainger to verify my order, Grainger said they will not honor the price that it was purchased for... But they did say that I could buy it for $1100.00

6/10/11
I have talked with 2 differant Granger reps about my order:
Excuses made by Grainger so far are:

1) price was wrong, and will they not honor it
2) out of stock so they won't honor price
3) must be shipped from manufacturer not sold on will call
4) manufacturer is out of stock and not making more
5) and finally I was told they are working with Miller and a marketing rep will call eveyone who ordered one and discuss it :(

#28 · (Edited)
6/10/11
I have talked with 2 differant Granger reps about my order:
Excuses made by Grainger so far are:

1) price was wrong, and will they not honor it
2) out of stock so they won't honor price
3) must be shipped from manufacturer not sold on will call
4) manufacturer is out of stock and not making more
5) and finally I was told they are working with Miller and a marketing rep will call eveyone who ordered one and discuss it :(

The pricing was a fucked up they pulled it off to fix the pricing! I tried to place an order last night and had issues on contacting them so I waited till today to fix my problem and now it looks like I wont be getting one even thoe I had it in my cart and have a quote # . The lady I talked to said the people that have their order all ready in will be getting them thoe !

I then called miller and talked to the sales rep and he said they just sell them in bulk to grainger and grainger is responsible for their own pricing. Miller also said grainger is not out of stock and nor is miller and they are still making them .

#27 ·
it was on every 4x4 board and tool board.it was a misprint and they are not honoring the orders.

#29 ·
I'm waiting to see. I had an order in, have the order confirmation, but I can't see the status in my account there.

I just wish I know if it was going through or not, otherwise I want to order a 211 from somewhere else...

#30 ·
I'm waiting to see. I had an order in, have the order confirmation, but I can't see the status in my account there.

order from somewhere else...
Same thing here, the order went through fine and it created an order number confirmation and I requested will-call from the Flint location. This morning I checked the status of the order on Grainger's website and it's not recognized.

It would be cool if they honored the orders but I'm not counting on it.

#34 ·
I have been told that we need to keep on their heals about this! Its not our fault that someone in the IT department screwed up on the pricing why are we the ones getting screwed !

Miller Electric Manufacturing Co.
1635 W. Spencer St.
P.O. Box 1079
Appleton, WI 54912-1079
Phone: 920-734-9821

Customer Service, 24/7
Questions on ordering, :
• Call 800-323-0620

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.