Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

The economic state of the world..

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  BlooMule 
#1 ·
I've asked this before.. asking it again.. anyone else starting to think about sticking some cash in a coffee can and burrying (sp?) it in the back yard?

I read an articile today about how close Freddie/Fannie came to collapsing over the weekend..

Holy shit...

I've never really listened to the chicken littles saying the sky is falling, but boy, this crap is bad..

#2 ·
what good is that money going to do you when it's not worth anything? sometimes I wonder about buying things that are useful instead of just saving money that is losing value.

#5 ·
I'm working on building something along the lines of barter-town... I'm accepting applications for a midget who's willing to run the pig farm.

Job requirements:

1) Must be a midget
2) Must be willing to go by the name Master, or Blaster.. Don't care which.
3) Bonus points if you bring your own oversized retard..

#6 ·
It's going to get a LOT worse before it gets better, more so in Michigan.

I've saved some money, paid cash for everything, only have 2 credit cards with $300 limits, and up until November last year paid everything on time (Mortgage, utilities, insurance....) My job evaporated, had to take one that had no overtime, wife was out of work for 3 months, ate through much of our savings and got behind on a couple things. Credit rating dropped 200 points, it will take years to bring it back up.
Investments tanked as well, even though they were conservative. I will now retire (in 20 years) with $250,000 less than I would have last year.

Start hoarding canned food, gold, guns and ammo, the shit's about to hit the fan.

#10 ·
if the global economy really went down the tube, paper money would only be expensive toilet paper. I'd not fucking worry about it, Everybody worrying about it is what is making it worse. Stop listening to the fear mongering news media, and live your life.

Worst comes to worst, a decent knife is all I need to survive off the land indefinitely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.